Where does talcum powder come from
Part of speech: noun, (neuter)Hyphenation:
- Valley | kum, no plural
- IPA: [ˈTalkʊm]
- 1) the mineral talc in powdered form
- 1) mineral, powder
- 1) The athlete dries his hands with it Talc, so that he doesn't slip off the bar.
- Nominative: singular the talc; Plural —
- Genitive: singular of talc; Plural —
- Dative: singular the talc; Plural —
- Accusative: singular the talc; Plural —
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„For months, the company has had to defend itself against accusations in court that a talc Baby powder produced would have been contaminated with asbestos and generally carcinogenic or responsible for cancer.“
Financial Trends, March 15, 2019
„The reason: Our skin soaks up individual components of the foundation like during the day talc or color pigments.“
goFeminin.de, March 16, 2020
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Entries from our dictionary containing "talc":
Schmitzring: Bearer rings were dusted with talc and rosin powder to increase friction. "Translations English: 1) bearer ring Italian: 1) anello di rotolamento (male)
E 553b: Abbreviation for talc. Synonyms: General terms: 1) Chemistry, chemical compound, carrier, filler, release agent Talc
Talk: a mineral Origin of the term: from the Arabic synonyms: 1) Talc, steatite Subordinate terms: 1) Soapstone Application examples: 1) Talc is a mineral with the chemical formula Mg3 (OH) .2Si4O10 Derived words: 1) Talcose, Talcum lung Translations talc, talcum
powdery:… Pul | ve | rig, no increase Pronunciation / emphasis: IPA: [ˈpʊlfəʀɪç] Word meaning / definition: 1) in powder form Examples of use: 1) Powdery ground talc calls ...
Child powder: dust-free powder made from perfumed starch or talcum powder for sprinkling on sore skin areas in infants and toddlers. Origin of the term: determinative compound from the nouns child and powder as well as the joint element -er
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Talcum" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (May 19, 2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Talkum/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. You can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term "talcum" and thus help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Talc (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Tal | kums Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˈtalkʊms] Grammatical…
Tallahassee (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter), part of speech: toponym Hyphenation: Tal | la | has | see, no plural ...
Tallahassees (German) Part of speech: Declined form Grammatical features: Genitive singular of the noun Tallahassee
Tallin (Spanish) Part of speech: noun, part of speech: toponym Hyphenation: Ta | llin, no plural Pronunciation / emphasis: IPA:…
Tallinn (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter), part of speech: toponym Cases: nominative: singular (das) Tallinn; Plural - ...
Tallinnem (Polish) Part of Speech: Declined Form Grammatical Features: Instrumental singular of the noun Tallinn
Tallinnie (Polish) Part of speech: Declined form Grammatical features: Locative singular of the noun Tallinn Vocative singular…
Tallinnowi (Polish) Part of Speech: Declined form Grammatical features: Dative singular of the noun Tallinn
Tallinns (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Tal | linns Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˈtalɪns] Grammatical…
Tallinnu (Polish) Part of speech: Declined form Grammatical features: Genitive singular of the noun Tallinn
Talmiglanz (German) Part of speech: noun, (masculine) Cases: nominative: Einzahl der Talmiglanz; Plural - genitive: singular of ...
- What is the definition of insectivorous plants
- What are the best courses at Harvard
- How can we prevent stomach cancer
- What was the race of Jesus
- How can I improve my SEO skills
- Is the Chinese government angry?
- Why didn't Bellatrix make a Horcrux
- Why is entertainment entertaining
- Is love all about obligations
- Why is SCSS more popular than SASS
- Why do people keep secrets
- Can you smoke ashwagandha
- Better live with your grandparents
- How do I find free solo ads
- What are good free hobbies
- Can I get my money back at Starbucks
- Why is Korean food so delicious
- Which airports operate 24 7
- What does xenophobic mean
- How are Christians treated in Indonesia
- How did digital marketing make you successful?
- Where should I post affiliate marketing links
- Why is there Phoenix Arizona
- What are the benefits of being muscular