Iron can help reduce water retention
Tea preparation from real sweet clover
8 teaspoons of the chopped fresh or dried plant are scalded with 1 liter of boiling water. After about 10 minutes you can strain the tea and drink it throughout the day.
Important: Sweet clover can have a blood-thinning effect under certain conditions, which is why it is better not to be taken by people who are already taking blood-thinning medication (Marcumar, aspirin, etc.).
Furthermore, since coumarin can damage the liver if used improperly (overdoses), one should strictly follow the manufacturer's recommendations for use and have liver values checked from time to time.
* You can find sweet clover herb for tea preparation here under this link.
Horse chestnut improves blood circulation in the vessels
The horse chestnut is also mainly used for venous problems. The plant improves blood circulation in the vessels, reduces the tendency to develop varicose veins and phlebitis. In addition, it seals the walls of the blood vessels so that no more fluid can pass into the tissue.
The horse chestnut regulates the pressure in the blood vessels, edema is eliminated, the veins are strengthened and the venous blood circulation is stimulated.
Tea preparation from horse chestnut blossoms
Pour 1/2 teaspoon of dried flowers per cup with hot water and let it steep for 5 minutes. You can drink 3 cups of the tea throughout the day. The horse chestnut is often used externally as a tincture, ointment or gel.
* You can find horse chestnut flowers for making tea here at this link.
Butcher's broom helps with venous problems
Butcher's broom is also extremely helpful for all types of vein problems. Its active ingredients stimulate the muscle cells in the venous vessel walls and thus increase their elasticity. The plant also reduces the permeability of the vessels, so that less water can escape from the vessels.
Butcher's broom also improves the activity of the lymph vessels so that stored water can be removed more quickly. Butcher's broom is an excellent alternative for people who are sensitive to horse chestnut.
Making tea from butcher's broom
Put 1 teaspoon of the root in 250 ml of cold water, bring to the boil and cover, let stand next to the stove for 5 to 10 minutes. Spread over two doses a day.
* Butcher's broom root for tea preparation can be found here under this link.
Drink plenty of water while you are draining
Please keep in mind that any type of drainage excretes a great deal of body water. In order to compensate for this water loss, it is absolutely necessary to drink enough water - depending on the weather and the salt content of the diet, about 1.5 to 2.5 liters.
Ready-made preparations for edema on the market
Numerous mixtures of different plants with a dehydrating and vascular strengthening effect are commercially available as ready-made preparations.
They are available as tea, fresh plant juice and tincture, as capsules for food supplements or for external use as an ointment or gel.
In pharmacies you will find over-the-counter medications with exclusively herbal ingredients that can be recommended for edema. Get in-depth advice there.
What else to do if you have edema
Below is some advice that can also help strengthen blood vessels and connective tissue:
- Raise legs (as often as possible)
- Walk barefoot over meadows and in the snow (whenever the opportunity arises)
- daily alternating showers
- Perform special exercises daily to strengthen the veins (alternating walking on tiptoe and heel, cycling on your back, etc.)
- stroke the legs from bottom to top every day
- warm (38 ° C) alkaline baths for deacidification
- Wear alkaline stockings overnight
- in the case of inflammation-related edema, cold compresses or compresses
Note: You can do a lot yourself to strengthen your veins, activate lymph flow and thus reduce edema. However, self-treatment should always be preceded by a doctor's visit.
*This article contains advertising. Our website contains affiliate links (* mark), i.e. references to partner companies, for example to the Amazon website. If a reader clicks on an affiliate link and subsequently on a product from our partner company, we may receive a small commission. This means that we cover part of the costs we have for the operation and maintenance of our website and can continue to keep the website free of charge for our readers.
Distance training to become a holistic nutritionist
Are you interested in what's in our food and want to know how nutrients and vital substances affect the body? Do you want a healthy life for yourself, your family and fellow human beings? Nutritionists are popular - but the holistic aspect that is needed for sustainable health is often forgotten when giving advice. At the Academy of Naturopathy, you will get to know the connections between lifestyle and diet as well as physical and psychological well-being.
That educates interested people like you in around 16 months to become a holistic nutritionist out.
Is this article worth reading?
Share this article
Notice on health issues
This information is passed to the best of my knowledge and belief. They are intended exclusively for those interested and for further training and are in no way to be understood as diagnostic or therapeutic instructions. We do not assume any liability for damages of any kind that arise directly or indirectly from the use of the information. If you suspect illness, please consult your doctor or alternative practitioner
Subscribe to Newsletter
Exciting information about health and nutrition
1x per month
Login Successful. You will shortly receive a confirmation at the specified email address.
With your registration you allow the regular sending of the newsletter and accept the data protection regulations.
HEALTH CENTER © 2021 Neosmart Consulting AG. All rights reserved.
- Why is wisdom more important than knowledge
- Islamabad has a subway system
- Where did the people of southern Thailand come from?
- How does light move
- How big can a diamond theoretically get?
- Should we have a lot of friends
- Why can gravitational waves bend spacetime
- What is 0 0 1 10
- How do I make 100,000 a year
- What animals have sex for pleasure?
- How much does Instagram pay per post
- How do I confess that I am a lesbian
- How do you start writing
- Why do people have nicknames
- Will the oil price crash in 2020
- Which book of the Bible follows Exodus
- Whose whole foods belong to
- All fish eat smaller fish
- What's the best taste
- Why did Google purchase SlickLogin
- Are my answers to Quora good enough
- Are reality shows scripted
- What tissues have dead cells
- NDTV is funded by Anti-India Agencies
- What is the meaning of Maxwell's equations
- What types of CPA marketing are there
- Countries have no crime
- The police like former applicants for military officers
- How can someone work for ADP
- How do I get Arabic channels
- In which dimension s does space-time contract
- Why is it black in space
- How do I tag someone on Instagram
- What is sleep meditation