Bad grammar is an indication of intelligence
Spelling: We are on the way to an illiterate republic
When you need money for a good cause, it is perfectly legitimate to send letters of supplication to people you can hope to get help from. In this respect, I was not at all surprised when a young man recently wrote to me who is in charge of a social project in Rio de Janeiro that is supposed to help give children from favelas a better education. Great!
In the past you would have received a letter that would have started with a "Dear Ms. Stausberg". A long time later one would have gone over to a "Dear Mrs. Stausberg". Today, in casual email correspondence, it only says: "Hello Ms. Stausberg". Well, it works too.
What doesn't work at all, however, are documents - whether letters or emails - in which not a single comma is set (sic!) And where there is some major spelling error in at least every third sentence.
Mind you: I'm not talking about an elementary school student who could still be looked at in the lower grades, but a young person who is approaching 30 and who has completed a social science degree at a German university of applied sciences with a final grade of "good", as can be seen in the attached resume proved with which he wanted to show his seriousness.
Practice is sexy
How can that be? What are we actually breeding at our universities? A two for an illiterate - cruel! I immediately asked the writer to send me his request, which I would like to support, in an error-free form, after all, I would like to advertise it to my circle of friends. I'm still waiting for the answer.
Can it get any better? And what is rolling towards us when the generations of students who have been trained according to the phonetic method of “writing by ear” push to the universities? Your defenders, allegedly "student-oriented" educators, speak downplaying of "facilitating didactics".
- What drug can make a man unconscious?
- How do people keep their house clean
- What impresses you the most
- Has it ever snowed in Coorg
- What can be causing my strange breath odor
- How popular is Japanese food in China
- How many faces does a hexagon have
- What exactly is lead generation marketing
- What are the top replacement windows
- How many kg in 1 lb.
- What is the prognosis for stage 4 glioblastoma
- What are some good fonts
- Why is Dubai hated so much
- Why do a lot of people judge vegans
- How do online grocery delivery sites work
- Can India develop like China
- What is the B2C business model
- What does it mean to judge someone
- What does disposition mean in medical terms
- How many types of Asians are there
- Citizenship can be revoked from birth
- Cut yourself badly for your health
- Do parents have a favorite child 1
- What are the Best PPC Management Companies