How can fish see clearly underwater?
See clearly without diving goggles
"The Moken children use the optics of the eye to the limit of what is humanly possible," explains Anna Gislén in the online service of "Nature". When diving, they make their pupils smaller and their eye lenses close-up, which means that the incoming light is refracted more strongly. In this way, blurred images are brought into an area of higher visual acuity.
The human eye is inherently ill-suited to seeing underwater. Water has a higher density than air, so that light is refracted differently under water than on land and the view becomes blurred. In children under ten years of age, the ability to bend the lens of the eye more sharply for near vision and thus to compensate for the changed conditions under water is normally only very poorly developed? not so with the Moken children.
“It could be a learned answer that takes place subconsciously, or a genetic adaptation to better underwater vision that has arisen in the course of evolution,” suggests neurobiologist Howard Howland from Cornell University to “Nature”.
It remains unclear what skills the adult swimmers of the marine nomads have. “They're too shy, so we couldn't test them,” says Anna Gislén.
- Has the Republican Party shrunk under Trump?
- What does Palestine mean
- Who owns the Gmail email address
- How many museums are there in Berlin?
- Do you prefer TeamSpeak or Discord Why
- How do immigrants come to America these days
- How can space expand into nothing
- Is a meter less than a foot
- Singapore is dominated by Indians
- The United States was slowly killing itself
- Are you going to buy an electric vehicle
- What is Google Page Ranking
- What is the best AI programming language
- What are the challenges of B2B sales
- What is math 7
- How does space smell
- Will PC gaming die out before the console
- Does the expansion of the universe affect time
- What is a broken answer
- People who are lazy are just depressed
- What brand makes the best slippers
- What is it like to be Amish
- What are the best strategies for digital marketing
- How much help does recycling really do