What are some examples of green living
8 simple tips for a more sustainable life
Society is changing, and in recent years there has been a clear trend towards a more sustainable and conscious life. Whether Fridays for Future, #veganlifestyle or plastic-free. Something's going on!
But the green lifestyle can be overwhelming! Because: too much is going wrong and too much has to be changed. This frustrates and quickly leads to looking the other way and doing nothing. It is not about solving every problem immediately and making everything perfect!
How can I live more sustainably? 8 tips
Living completely sustainably doesn't just happen overnight. Many problems that are also intertwined with one another are too complex and multi-layered. But it's worth starting and sticking with it. Even small steps in the right direction can make a big difference.
So: don't bury your head in the sand when you forget your to-go mug at home. The will counts, and it's okay once you focus on a few small things. We have 8 tips that you can easily implement.
1. Drink more tap water
So easy? Yes - but still brings something! The production of drinking bottles, the excessive use of single-use plastic bottles, the long transport routes and ultimately the disposal or cleaning of the bottles pollute the environment much more than tap water that flows to your home without any packaging.
By the way: German drinking water is subject to strict quality controls and is among the best in the world. So it is definitely drinkable without hesitation. If you want to be on the safe side, you can even apply to the health department for tests that provide precise data on quality and pollution.
2. Cook energy efficiently
On each pot its lid. And it should fit perfectly, because what is right in love is also important for power consumption. Otherwise you will use double to triple the amount of energy.
Do not cook vegetables and potatoes in a water bath, just cover the bottom of the pot with water, then cook the vegetables in the steam. That saves electricity and is healthier because more vitamins remain.
And don't forget: electric stoves heat up for a long time. Make sure to use the heat that your hotplate provides even after it has been switched off.
3. Become a (part-time) vegetarian
- According to the nature conservation organization WWF (World Wide Fund For Nature), global meat production has more than quadrupled since 1961 (from 70 million to 300 million tons).
- A burger with french fries and salad needs around 3.61 square meters of space to grow its raw materials, spaghetti with tomato sauce just 0.46 square meters.
- An adult in Germany eats an average of 166 grams of meat per day - the German Nutrition Society recommends around half of this amount, namely 86 g per day.
Enough arguments? Then try to consciously incorporate meat-free days. It's healthier for you - and the rest of the world.
4. Wash water (and laundry) gently
Quite simply, by being careful to dose the detergent according to the amount of laundry and the hardness of the water. Daniel Bethhäuser Product Manager at the washing machine manufacturer Bosch says: "If you use too much detergent, you will not achieve a better washing result;
The reason: "In modern washing machines that recognize excess detergent and compensate for it with additional rinses, washing with too much detergent takes longer and uses more water and energy". And all in all, more detergent than necessary simply ends up in the environment. By the way:This is how you wash sportswear properly.
5. Eat environmentally correct fish
It continues with animal foods. Which fin friend can you now enjoy with a clear conscience? According to WWF, herring from the northeast Atlantic, cod and cod from the Baltic Sea and carp. Then there are salmon from the East Pacific, North Atlantic mackerel, tilapia from Honduras, Indonesia, Europe and the USA ... Is that too complicated for you? Then look at the fish counter for the label of the MSC (Marine Stewardship Council) that meets the minimum standards. Use organic labels such as Bioland or Naturland for farmed fish. There are 20 delicious salmon recipes here.
6. If green electricity, please use the right one
Certified green electricity is good. But it can be much better - because unfortunately not all green electricity is a real investment in the future of our earth. The reason: For the eco-label, it is also sufficient if the energy comes from a decade-old run-of-river power plant. However, valuable green electricity should help ensure that the share of electricity from renewable energies in the overall electricity mix grows.
7. Buy fair fashion
If you choose to buy fair fashion, you are also choosing against chemicals that are harmful to the environment, against child labor, against forced labor, against discrimination - but by no means against good looks. Those who dress sustainably today no longer look like they have sewn a sweater out of a jute sack. In this article we will show you how stylish sustainable sportswear can be, for example.
But please don't have to reorganize your wardrobe overnight and ban all fast fashion from your life. Carrying on instead of throwing away is also environmental protection! Try to buy more consciously in the future, to ask yourself whether you really need the part and, if so, whether there is perhaps a sustainable alternative for it.
8. Use less microplastic
Harmful microplastics can be found in many cosmetics. The plastics (also in liquid form) are used as peeling agents, binders, film formers and fillers in shower gels, shampoos, creams and decorative cosmetics, according to the Association for Environment and Nature Conservation eV The problem: The small particles get into the sea via sewage, because sewage treatment plants the plastics cannot filter 100 percent.
The microplastic then ends up in our body via the water cycle. We ingest the small particles through contaminated food or the air. The damage to health is still unexplained, but just because the plastic cannot be biodegraded, preventive measures are a must! So buy cosmetics that are declared "free from microplastics" or use certified natural cosmetics. There are only natural ingredients in it and no plastic is guaranteed.
Making the world greener can be easy. Every point you can check off this list for yourself will help the environment and ultimately you. And to be honest: it doesn't make life a little less beautiful!
- Where can I find very smart teenagers
- What is meant by the principle of relativity
- Smoking reduces the risk of obesity
- Mormons Believe in Salvation
- What is the Most Profitable Blog Niche
- How would you apply on Quora
- How much is a zillion
- Let vegans eat meat for their pets
- America is safe for foreigners
- In what year was Antarctica discovered?
- What to do after b com
- Is metaphysics dead
- Why are students asking for help with the assignment
- How can I do CPA Marketing
- How do people keep their house clean
- Your personality changes after losing weight
- Why should we colonize Mars?
- Is faster than easy travel possible 1
- Is love all about obligations
- When do girls call boys as a guy
- What are possible random variables
- How much did slaves cost
- What percentage of South Korea speak Korean?
- Which is best TeamSpeak Ventrilo or Mumble
- What are some positive adjectives
- What's your favorite cookie
- What is the technological singularity 1
- What is the psoas paradox
- Django Admin Site View issue
- What is my contribution to GDP
- What underwear teenagers wear
- What are email explosions
- What are tough questions about HR interviews
- Who shouldn't consume flaxseed