How do you feel about gun control?
"May we see your weapons?"
Hello, we would like to check the safe storage of your guns. ”Around 5% of gun owners receive this request every year.
Because the employees of the weapons authorities - mostly police officers - are obliged to randomly check the safe storage of the weapons on site. They are then unannounced in front of the door of hunters and marksmen.
Chosen at random
We learned from the Warendorf district police authority that the owners of rifles, pistols or revolvers are selected at random. The employees identify themselves during such a visit and can be shown the gun safe. Mostly they also compare the weapons with the national weapons register, in which long and short weapons are entered. An employee of the Warendorf district police authority reported that in the past everything was almost always in order with “their” gun owners.
But how does a hunter behave properly when such a control is pending? Because most of them are certainly surprised and also taken by surprise. The legal advisor of the State Hunting Association of North Rhine-Westphalia, Hans-Jürgen Thies, explains: "Although the weapons authorities are entitled to carry out unannounced checks, a weapon owner does not have to let the weapons authority's employees into the apartment without prior notification or an appointment and enable the storage control."
If such a spontaneous visit does not suit you at the moment for professional or private reasons, you should politely ask for a new appointment. At the second meeting, however, the control must be carried out, Thies points out and adds: "The employees of the weapons authority are only allowed to look at the gun safe, not the living quarters."
Only the hunter opens the door
Here are tips for storage:
- Only the gun owner may open the gun cabinet. Other family members must not know where the key is or know the combination of numbers. If the spouse or adult child has a hunting license, it is permissible to keep the weapons together in a cupboard. This also applies to ammunition. Long guns are to be stored separately from short guns and separately from ammunition in the gun cabinet. It is sufficient if, for example, there is a built-in compartment in a level B weapons cabinet that has its own lock. The inner compartment must actually be locked and the key removed. If the compartment is too small for the ammunition, it must be stored in a sheet steel cabinet with a swing bolt lock or an equivalent lock.
- All guns should be entered on the gun ownership card. Weapons of others are also allowed
Hunters are in the closet for temporary storage for up to four weeks. A written loan agreement should be there.
- There may only be ammunition of the caliber in the gun cabinet that belongs to the existing weapons. If a weapon has been given away or sold, the ammunition must be disposed of, for example at the gunsmith's.
- Routine controls do not incur any fees.
- If the inspectors complain about something, the defect must be remedied immediately. If criminal proceedings are imminent, legal counsel is useful. Pro
- Why is the variance quadratic
- What is an LMIA in Canada
- What is shortbread
- What kind of gay pride should I wear?
- It's all a lie
- Most Britons are afraid of guns
- Why is Facebook starting a crypto currency
- Will take Python R over
- Clap the law
- Is 100,000 a lot on sale
- What distinguishes Malaysia
- Graduation is necessary for politicians
- Where can I post as an escort
- How good are Alison online courses
- How do I delete my blogger account
- How reliable are Gartner reports
- Why are jet airways in losses
- Boys can wear leotards
- Hong Kong protesters dig in
- What is wingsuit skydiving
- Why did you feel patriotic today?
- Are locksmith licensed
- Fortnite Mobile Servers are disconnected
- What is cross entropy