What is the imperative programming paradigm
Imperative programming: an overview of the oldest programming paradigm
The imperative programming (from the Latin imperare = command) is the oldest programming paradigm. According to this paradigm, a program consists of a clearly defined sequence of instructions to a computer.
The source code of imperative languages strings together commands that determine what the computer has to do and when to achieve a desired result. Values used in variables are changed during the runtime of the program. To control the commands will be Control structures such as loops or branches integrated into the code.
The imperative programming languages are very specific and work closely with the system. The code is easy to understand on the one hand, and on the other many lines of source code needed to describe what can be achieved in declarative programming languages with a fraction of the commands.
The most famous imperative programming languages:
- C #
- C ++
The various imperative programming languages can in turn be assigned to three further, subordinate programming styles: the structured, the procedural and the modular programming style.
The structured programming style extends the imperative basic principle to include concrete ones Control structures Sequences, selection (selection) and iteration (repetition). The reason for this is the containment or complete avoidance of jump instructions that make imperative code unnecessarily complicated.
The procedural approach divides the task that a program is supposed to take on into smaller subtasks that are individually described in the code. This creates programming blocks that can also be used in other programs. It goes one step further modular programming model, in which the individual program components are designed, developed and tested completely independently of one another. Only then do the individual modules combine to form the actual software.
- How is the exchange rate determined
- What are low carbohydrate, high protein grains
- Ayurveda is effective in treating infertility
- Is pasta good for your health?
- Why do most employers conduct exit interviews
- Prevent screen savers from being burned in
- What happened to your former teacher
- When is Easter weekend 1
- Why attractive is a subjective term
- What is 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 + cdots in infinite infty
- What income do you consider to be the upper class
- Have adult Quorans adolescent friends
- Can a really empty vacuum be created?
- Are stoicism and hedonism compatible
- Should people eat meat or not
- What is a kilometer
- What are examples of lexical words
- Some types of films could be harmful
- Would you hire a sex offender?
- What exists beyond space-time
- Are all square roots irrational numbers
- How important are relationships with grandparents
- What is the derivative of 500 x
- How was your NPCIL interview for civilians