Can you kill someone for harassment
The fun of killing
People who are at peace grew up are, can not imagine cold blooded to use a gun. “Healthy people to have a big Shybefore, something to others Brutalto do“Says he Neurobiologist Joachim Bauer. That's because Neuronsthat us too compassionate Make people.
But the world is not all about compassion. Many people are brutal in war. The psychologist Thomas Elbert spoke to child soldiers for whom killing is part of everyday life. They told him that killing was for them intoxicating is. Elbert believes that the body opiatepours outthat lead to this intoxication.
But if the person doesn't to the Kill born how can it come to this then? Anyone who only knows violence will at some point become themselves violentsay the researchers. Are child soldiers traumatizedbecause, for example, their family was brutally killed. Then the part goes in brain broken that for compassion responsible is. “Each of us can to be brought aboutto kill another person, ”says Elbert.
He also believes a lot bloodshed leads to even more violence because people like to smell blood. So man is after all a Predator? The neuroscientists say that it is usually peaceful - if severe Trauma not to killer be let.
Murderer / murderer - someone who planned to kill another person
to grow up - grow up; spend his childhood
cold blooded - without feeling; horrible; → brutal
To be afraid of something - To be afraid of something; do not dare to do anything
brutally - horrible; so that one uses force; → violent
to do something to someone - hurt someone physically or mentally
Neurobiologist / neurobiologist - a scientist who studies the nervous system
Neurons (f.) - a tiny part of the body that sends signals
to feel with someone - have a similar feeling to someone who has experienced something specific (noun: compassion)
get intoxicated with something - consume a drug or an alcoholic drink so that one can no longer think clearly (noun: the intoxication)
Opium, opiates (n.) - a drug obtained from a plant (poppy)
to pour something out - here: release something; produce something
to be born to something - be made for something; be talented for something
traumatized - psychologically injured by a bad experience (noun: the trauma)
Brain, -e (n.) - also: brain; the thinking organ in a person's head
be responsible for something - to be responsible for something
to get someone to do something - influence someone to do something specific
bloodshed (n., singular only) - a crime in which many people are killed
Predator, -e (n.) - an animal that eats other animals
Questions about the text
1. What is Not in the text?
a) All people have nerve cells that they let other people feel.
b) Those who are traumatized lose compassion.
c) When people smell blood, the body releases opiates.
2. What's right?
a) There is a lot of violence in war; the soldiers therefore have compassion for the dead.
b) Anyone who experiences violence as a child often becomes violent themselves.
c) When one has trauma, one always becomes a murderer.
3. The psychologist Thomas Elbert says ...
a) that killing can intoxicate people.
b) that everyone who takes opium likes to kill.
c) that all humans are predators.
4. Which pronominal adverb is suitable? Whether someone is ready to kill depends ... on what they have seen in their life.
b) of it
c) with it
5. Which pronominal adverb is correct? When children have trauma, they ... more violent acts.
b) of it
c) with it
What do you know about child soldiers? In which countries are they fighting? Discuss whether they will be able to have a normal life again at some point.
- Who are the best sellers on Etsy
- Are there double standards between the sexes
- Which is worse, knowing everything or not
- Which cities start with the letter H.
- Can I host a website from Microsoft Azure?
- How can introverted men meet introverted girls
- How do I leave my alcoholic husband
- Which European countries grant the birthright?
- Chinese people like sex
- Who is China's closest ally?
- What is the RFID tag used for?
- Masturbation makes men fat
- Where did the British fight during WWII?
- What is data structure
- Does the Bible condone incest
- What are the causes of rolling friction
- What is Cookie Jarring
- How can I easily earn Bitcoins every day
- When is beauty not beauty?
- How similar is Canada to the USA
- Why is the HTTP protocol called stateless protocol
- Where can I advertise my ClickBank product
- What is KDM in 916 gold
- Where can I get wholesale jewelry