Name three possibilities how a lake can form
Under the Eutrophication one understands unchecked aquatic plant growth (above all algae, later also animal plankton) due to an oversupply of nutrients.
Phytoplankton needs a number of inorganic substances for growth and reproduction: water and carbon dioxide, as well as the nutrients phosphate, nitrate and potassium. H2O from the lake and CO2 from the air are almost unlimited. The growth-limiting factors are therefore the nutrient salts.
If nutrients get into the lake from outside, the phytoplankton can multiply unchecked. As a result, a so-called algae bloom occurs, which gives the lake a greenish tint (see figure on the left; algae bloom in a canal). At some point the algae die (lifespan of an alga approx. 1-5 days) and are broken down by the destructors (bacteria) while consuming oxygen. When organic substances are broken down, ammonium ions (NH4+).
A distinction is now made between two processes:
1. Under aerobic conditions, i.e. as long as there is still enough oxygen available, nitrite bacteria first oxidize the NH4+ to N02-(Nitrite). Then the nitrite of nitrate bacteria becomes N03- oxidized. The nitrate also acts as a nutrient and increases the biomass production of the phytoplankton. As a result, more and more oxygen is withdrawn from the lake.
2. Under anaerobic conditions, i.e. when there is no more oxygen available, the ammonium ions are broken down into toxic substances. In most cases this is methane (CH4), Hydrogen sulfide (H.2S) and ammonia (NH3). Fish that have not yet died from the lack of oxygen at this point will now die from ammonia poisoning.
- Is the USA really a racist country?
- A faulty motherboard can damage the RAM CPU
- Sleep deprivation can lead to shortness of breath
- How does the Dominos Pizza company work
- Can Shopify sell digital products
- Is Australia a country
- Are there colors outside of our brain
- Why do I hate my niece
- What is sleep meditation
- Is everything real
- What is the black population of the US
- What are some ugly truths in life
- Are victims of xenophobia protected
- How many grams are in 20 tola
- Top 10 content website
- Donald Trump hates his own family
- Are bodybuilders really strong?
- What are the most ingenious inventions in history
- Are seeds of the bindweed really hallucinogenic?
- What's the worst day possible
- How do you give men sexual pleasure?
- Which cultural revolution has China influenced?
- Which countries are enemies of Israel?
- Why is Quora moving comments
- How many grams are in SO
- Can you trust someone who doesn't trust anyone
- How do you develop SEO customer relationships
- How do I calculate confidence intervals
- Are Presbyterians Catholics
- How can America become more like China
- What is the best jewelry app
- What causes diabetic hypoglycemia
- Do dictators refer to themselves as such
- What is 3 percent of 5 percent