What is the true nature of reality
Who knows more about the true nature of reality: a seasoned scientist or a seasoned meditator? [closed]
(607) How do you guess the time? I don't mean with clues like the position of the sun, the brightness of the room and the like. - You ask yourself, say: "What time can it be?", Pause for a moment, perhaps imagine a clock face and then say a time. - Or you look at different possibilities, think first of one time, then another, and in the end you stop at a certain one. You do something like that. - But isn't the assumption accompanied by a feeling of conviction? and doesn't that mean that it now coincides with an internal clock? - No, I don't read the free time on any clock; There is a sense of conviction insofar as I tell myself a time without a doubt and with calm certainty. - But doesn't something click while I say the time and stop at a number? And I would never have spoken of a feeling of conviction here, instead I would have said: I thought for a while and then decided that it was a quarter past five. - But what happened to me? Perhaps I could have said "just by feeling", which only means that I was relying on a hunch. - But surely you have to have at least a certain state of mind to guess the time; and you don't take any old idea of what time it is to tell the right time! - To repeat it: I asked myself, “I wonder what time it is.” That means, for example, I have not read this sentence in a story or quoted it as an utterance by someone else. I didn't practice the pronunciation of these words either; and so on. These were not the circumstances in which I said the words. - But what were the circumstances? - I thought about my breakfast and wondered if it would be late today. Such were the circumstances. - But do you really not see that you were in a state of mind which, although intangible, is characteristic of guessing the time, as if you were surrounded by a typical atmosphere? - Yes; What was characteristic was that I said to myself: “I wonder what time it is” - and if this sentence has a certain atmosphere, how should I separate it from the sentence itself? It would never have crossed my mind to believe that the sentence had such an aura if I hadn't thought about how to say it differently - as a quotation, as a joke, as a speaking practice and so on. And then all of a sudden I wanted to say - then it suddenly seemed to me - that I must have meant the words somehow specifically; different than in these other cases. The image of the special atmosphere forced itself on me; I practically see the atmosphere in front of me - for so long, that is, I don't look at what I remember really happening.
And as for the feeling of certainty, I sometimes say to myself, “I'm sure it is. . . Clock ”and in a more or less confident tone and so on. If you ask me why I have this certainty, I have none.
When I say: I read it from an internal clock - that is a picture, and all that corresponds to that is that I have estimated the time. And the purpose of the picture is to assign this case to the other. I hesitate to acknowledge two different cases here.
(608) The idea of the untouchability of this mental state in estimating time is of the utmost importance. Why is it immaterial? Isn't it because we refuse to count what is tangible about our state as part of the specific state that we postulate?
- Which is the best software magazine
- Which is the best institute for big data
- What business could be started with 500k
- Why are people happy content to be average
- What is the answer to this 2 + 3 + 3 11
- Who gave Jesus his name
- Grilled meat causes cancer
- How bad is the traffic in Bangkok
- Why is money important in everyday life
- Hiring TCS freshmen
- What are the best areas in medicine
- How can I make money from sex
- How is C ++ used nowadays
- Does Donald Trump know that Quora exists
- What is the PC Master Race
- When will driving licenses be out of date?
- Can ultra-processed foods lead to death
- What do clothes symbolize in the Bible
- What makes you respect another person?
- Why aren't my ClickBank items selling?
- What does downvoting a question do?
- How are metal cubes made
- Why is it good to listen to the radio?
- Can a Ticketmaster ticket be duplicated?