Is the electoral college flawed
Can erroneous election results knock a sitting US president off? [Duplicate]
There will be a vote on election day. The announced voting results are used to select the voters. The voters then elect a president and a vice-president. The results are sent to Congress, which counts them between inauguration and inauguration. Once Congress has confirmed the results and the Vice President and President have been sworn in, it's done.
Congress should review the election results before they are confirmed. The time for such an investigation is before and not after. If Congress invalidates enough votes, Congress would theoretically elect the President and Vice-President. Congress has seldom exercised this ability.
There is a similar problem on election day. If someone votes who is not allowed, there is no way to cancel that person's vote. The problem is we don't know how they voted. Once they have cast their votes, it's set.
The main problem is that we can't really tell whether corrupt voices changed the election or not. For example, in 2000 we can reasonably suspect that votes meant for Al Gore went to Pat Buchanan instead. But we can't prove it, and no matter how many recounts they did, they couldn't show it.
The recounts didn't look for the real problem. They tried different ways of counting spoiled ballots in hopes that one could get the result they wanted. Your first attempt failed. Their second attempt would have failed (they ended it after it didn't matter) but the Supreme Court canceled it. The problem was that there wasn't a significant difference in the number of tainted ballots favoring Gore versus those favoring Bush. So most recounting methods gave the same result, and they didn't find the method until long after the election.
Anyway, the point is that the process is not well suited to being repaired afterwards. Even if they were able to somehow prove that someone forged the votes after inauguration, there is no way to make changes at that point.
Even if the results were challenged prior to certification, it would often not be important. For example, the Republican candidate won the presidency in 2016, and the Republicans controlled the majority of state delegations in the House of Representatives. If Congress hadn't confirmed the results, they would likely have selected the same candidate.
- How can I promote a sex blog
- How do you like Galveston
- When was Jesus' real birthday?
- What can I sell to make money
- How can I trigger another spiritual awakening
- Why do smart people always plan
- Where can I buy Rudraksha in Nepal
- How can I be lucky in the lottery?
- Used steam is dangerous for young people
- Data scientists use statistics
- Who gets paid more sales or marketing
- Can you describe the mining industry in full?
- What sets Google apart from other search engines
- Is communism against human nature
- Is shebagging a thing
- Why should every engineer learn machine learning
- TopCoder is free
- What does a typical Kashmiri look like
- In what are you losing the passion
- What is important in logistics
- Is currency trading legal in Malaysia?
- What is steam energy
- Why are crazy people so smart
- What should I eat after sex?
- Can Narendra Modi make India a superpower?
- What do these symbols mean 2
- What is data loss in data science
- There is a main conservative Protestant church
- Do Indians RULE quora
- What is the national income in the economy
- Can people sell something
- What is the Ludo Real Cash Game
- What percentage of the world are atheists
- Lie autistic people