What is a 371 patent application
Case Law of the Boards of Appeal
According to the Board of Appeal in T 371/88 (OJ 1992, 157) it does not constitute a violation of Art. 123 (3) EPC 1973 if a narrow term in the granted claim, which strictly according to its literal meaning does not clearly encompass an embodiment contained in the description, is replaced by a less narrow one Term is replaced that clearly also includes this embodiment, provided that two conditions are met: The technical meaning of the narrow term should not be so clear in the given context that it can determine the scope of protection even without interpretation with the aid of the description and drawings; Furthermore, it must be sufficiently clear from the description and the drawings and from the examination procedure until the patent is granted that the further embodiment belongs to the invention and that it was never intended to exclude it from patent protection (see also T 673/89, the T 371/88 approved; T 738/95that of T 371/88 deviates; T 750/02that finds that the first condition in T 371/88 was not fulfilled; T 749/03which determines that both conditions were met and which is summarized below in Chapter II.E.2.4.10).
In T 824/08 the board found that the grounds of T 371/88 could not be used in the present case because the restrictive feature was inherently clear and did not pose any problems in determining the scope of the claim.
- What is the life expectancy
- Are video games really dangerous?
- Why don't all podcasts have transcriptions?
- Is the correct spelling great or great
- What are the possible topics in budget management
- Why do pc gamers hate console gamers
- What is the value of infinity
- Which is the best institute for big data
- What is 37 out of 1000
- What is the most unstable crypto currency
- Philosophy is paradoxical
- How would you define an egoist
- Can an atheist be spiritual
- Which page are for football statistics
- What is a gig job
- Which country begins with the letter O.
- What is bookmark
- What makes an excellent racing driver
- EASY OFF oven cleaner is toxic
- What Roman legion did Jesus crucify?
- What is the most powerful mathematical result
- How does walking help with digestion
- Why are brands useful for B2B companies
- What are the best examples of branding power