How can I gain weight quickly
Gain weight quickly and healthily
Table of Contents
- Underweight - Causes and Health
- Gain weight quickly and healthily
- Knowledge to take away
Underweight - Causes and Health
Anyone who has one is considered underweight Body Mass Index (BMI) has below 18.5. The BMI is calculated from the body weight (in kilograms) divided by the square of the body height (in square meters). It is a helpful guide to a person's nutritional status.
Nevertheless, the BMI should be assessed with caution, as it does not take muscle mass and body fat percentage into account.
Underweight can have various causes: It can arise through chronic diseases, through eating disorder, through loss of appetite in old age, through stress or simply through heredity. There are people who are naturally very slim and have a BMI below 18.5.
Anyone who is underweight according to the body mass index can still be healthy. However, to avoid possible diseases such as eating disorders, hyperthyroidism, Celiac disease or rule out type 1 diabetes, consult a doctor to be on the safe side and have the health status checked (1).
Strong Underweight can have negative consequences for health. A long-term study found that being underweight, like obesity, increases the risk of premature death in both men and women (2).
In addition, being underweight can also impair immune system function, increase the risk of infections and osteoporosis, and decrease fertility (3).
The nutrition expert Professor Dr. Kai Bühling explains how underweight and fertility in women are related:
"Deviations from normal weight can lead to disorders of the menstrual cycle and thus to fertility. If you are underweight, and especially if you have an eating disorder such as anorexia, the body switches to the back burner so that ovulation does not occur fix well. Underweight women who want to have children should gain weight ".
Gain weight quickly and healthily
Most importantly, if you want to gain weight healthily and quickly, it is important that you do it the right way. Of course you will gain weight if you stuff yourself with unhealthy foods such as donuts, pizza, soft drinks, cakes and the like.
However, your health will then also suffer. If you are underweight, you don't want an unhealthy one Belly fatbut mainly build muscle and some healthy, so-called subcutaneous fat.
Therefore it is also with Increase It is important that you eat healthily and exercise. The foundation for gaining weight quickly and healthily is that you need to consume more calories than you burn. Depending on how fast you want to gain weight, you should be consuming around 300-700 more calories each day than you are consuming.
To find out how many calories you burn each day, you should calculate your calorie needs. click hereto see how it works. In addition, it makes sense for the beginning to monitor your own calorie intake with the help of calorie counter apps. This gives you a good feeling about how much you have to eat to meet the increased calorie requirement.
In addition to the excess calories, it is important that you eat properly.
In the following, EAT SMARTER explains to you which foods you should use, which sport is suitable for rapid weight gain and what else you should pay attention to.
Eat plenty of protein
protein is the building material of all body parts, as well as our muscles. In order to gain weight quickly and healthily, it is particularly important to eat a lot of protein. Above all, a protein-rich diet helps to build muscle mass and not to gain unwanted fat (4).
With healthy weight gain, you should eat around 1.5-2.2 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight per day. Since protein makes you feel full for a long time, it is not always easy to get enough calories with a protein-rich diet.
If you find it hard to eat enough, you can try calories and protein in the form of Protein shakes or Milkshakes to record. It is often easier to absorb calories in liquid form.
Recommended protein-rich foods for healthy weight gain are, for example, meat, fatty fish, dairy products, Eggs as well as legumes and nuts. A cream quark with nuts and fruits or a wholemeal bread with scrambled eggs and cheese, for example, are healthy and suitable breakfast alternatives if you want to gain weight healthily.
Choose high fat foods
In addition to plenty of protein, you shouldn't skimp on fat if you want to gain weight quickly and healthily. You should remove low-fat foods and light products from your menu.
You can go with high-fat quark, cheese, Greek yoghurt, high-fat fish and healthy vegetable oils such as rapeseed, olive and Coconut oil to grab.
Also nuts and avocados are rich in healthy fats and should therefore be eaten regularly. When choosing the food, make sure that these are predominant unsaturated fatty acids contain beneficial effects on health.
To gain weight quickly and healthily, it is important to eat regularly. You should eat at least three meals a day.
If you find it difficult to achieve the calorie surplus with just three meals, you can choose five to eight smaller meals a day (1).
Every meal should contain the three main nutrients, carbohydrates, protein and fat. Avoiding carbohydrates makes no sense when gaining weight, as it reduces the calorie intake and makes the desired calorie surplus more difficult.
It also makes sense to snack between meals to take in extra calories. Suitable snacks are, for example, nuts, dried fruits, granola bar, Protein bars, or yogurt Smoothies and milkshakes.
Your body first has to adjust to the additional calories. As a result, you will likely not always be hungry or hungry when your next meal is due. However, you should then overcome yourself and eat anyway. It is important not to skip meals.
Only when you take in more calories than you use will you gain body weight. In order not to lose the pleasure of eating, it is helpful to take time to freshly cook and season the prepared food deliciously. If your mouth is already watering while cooking, you will definitely be hungry and eager to eat!
It also makes it easier to reach the calorie goal if you take in liquid calories in between. Recommended high-calorie drinks are for example shakes, fruit juice or milk.
Choose foods that are high in calorie density
In order to gain weight healthily, you should not resort to fatty and high-sugar ready-made meals. Rather, you should choose healthy alternatives to increase the calorie density of your food.
Opt for the high-calorie alternatives and, for example, cook a delicious one instead of spaghetti with tomato sauce Bolognese. Add to your morning oatmeal muesli Greek yogurt, Nuts and bananas.
Refine soups with cream and enjoy a sandwich with them. Make your salad with plenty of oil. While having a coffee chat in the café, choose oneLatte macchiato instead of a small cappuccino.
Even small changes in your eating habits can make a big difference! Your creativity knows no limits.
To stimulate your imagination a little, here are a few healthy foods that you should consume in abundance in order to gain weight quickly and healthily:
- Nuts, such as walnuts, macadamia nuts, hazelnuts, etc.
- Dried fruits such as plums, dates or cranberries
- High-fat dairy products such as camembert, Greek yogurt, cream or crème fraîche
- Vegetable oils, such as olive oil or rapeseed oil
- Whole grain cereals, for example whole grain rice, bread, noodles, oat flakes
- Poultry, beef, lamb or pork, preferably pieces with a higher fat content, such as belly meat or ribs
- Potatoes and sweet potatoes, for example as potato gratin or crispy country potatos
- Nut butters, such as peanut butter, almond butter, etc.
- Dark chocolate
- Coconut milk
Proper training is just as important as that nutritionwhen you gain not only fat, but also Muscles want to build. Weight training is suitable for building muscle. It is recommended that you lift weights about two to four times a week.
Rather, to help your muscles grow, lower your reps with heavier weights. The weights should be about heavy that you can do 6-10 reps per set. You should do three sets per exercise. Endurance training is also allowed from time to time when gaining weight, but should play a subordinate role as it burns a lot of calories (6).
For everyone who is not yet with Strength training are familiar, it makes sense to get help from a trained trainer. In every gym there are trainers available who can explain exercises and equipment and create a training plan for you that is tailored to your training goals.
If you have any health problems, you should first discuss with your doctor whether weight training is right for you Sports is, or whether it is better to switch to other sports.
Knowledge to take away
- Take about daily 300-700 calories more than you consume.
- Eat plenty of protein: About 1.5-2.2 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight are recommended for healthy weight gain.
- Choose high fat foodssuch as cream quark, Greek yogurt, nuts, high-fat fish, vegetable oils or avocado.
- Eat regularly: At least three meals a day are recommended. If you want, you can also have five to eight smaller meals. It is important not to skip meals!
- Eat well: Every meal should contain carbohydrate, fat and protein components.
- Have a snack in between: Nuts, cream quark, milkshakes, dried fruits, muesli bars or dark chocolate are the perfect snacks for in between and help to achieve the desired calorie target.
- Choose high-calorie foods: When you gain weight, cream sauces, dishes baked with cheese, oil, etc. are welcome!
- Lift weights: Strength training is the perfect sport to build muscle and gain weight quickly and healthily.
- How many milligrams are 16 ounces
- What are the psychological mechanisms behind xenophobia
- What happened to Quora's comment section
- There was information before atoms
- How healthy is V8 juice
- What is the hardest part
- What causes black spots in urine
- How do I ask questions in physics
- Is Primerica a good place to work
- How is the hiring process at Uber
- Is Peru a forgotten country
- Who is your favorite lesbian TV character?
- How can I make money with 500
- What is thicker 3ml or 6ml
- Is Singapore more beautiful than Kuala Lumpur
- How did Anthony Bourdain start?
- Which is the best lounge chairs in India
- Are you spiritual or religious
- Is Modere MLM a Scam
- What is the most dangerous SCP
- What is 4 in a billion
- Love and trust are the same
- Where can I sell email lists online
- What are Wix's competitors
- What makes a steak a steak
- Trigger non-scanned barcodes memory alarms
- How can I promote my local business
- What is the law of discovery
- Are people with preventable personality disorder unstable
- Why do airlines fly over the Arctic?
- What is measured by the standard deviation
- What could possibly happen to the sun?
- Homeopathy is effective in treating gallstones