What is the best diet for Indians
Help, my child is overweight!
Every fifth child in Germany is overweight. Every tenth child is even classified as obese. But what to do if your own child is overweight?
So much in advance: a healthy diet and some exercise help to stimulate fat burning and shed pounds.
Causes of obesity in children
One of the main causes of obesity in children is too little exercise and at the same time consuming very high-energy food. This way of life is favored by the electronic devices that children deal with today: be it smartphones, computers or consoles.
They keep the child at home and prevent adequate exercise. In some cases, genetic predisposition also plays a role - but even then, the serious consequences of being overweight in childhood can be averted by adopting a healthy lifestyle.
If your child takes in too much energy, be it through one-sided and unhealthy food or through too large portions of food, and if they do not move enough in everyday life, the body cannot break down the energy - and turns it into fat.
Consequences of childhood obesity
Of course there is: baby fat. In many children it disappears on its own, through growth and more exercise. So if your baby has a little more on his ribs, it doesn't mean that he will be fat as an older child or as a teenager.
However, if your child struggles with obesity later on, it makes sense to question the eating habits and lifestyle of your daughter or son. Obesity can have serious consequences in children and cause long-term health problems.
The bones and joints, which are still soft in children, are stressed by excessive body mass and can become permanently deformed. Then there are postural problems, circulatory problems, metabolic disorders, and possibly even childish depression. Serious illnesses such as diabetes and high blood pressure can also be the result of overweight children.
Weight loss tips for kids and their parents
Even if you have noticed that your child is carrying too many pounds, please sit down with your daughter or son under no circumstances go on a sudden diet. Children are still growing and need enough vitamins and minerals for their development. So a drastic diet would be counterproductive.
Instead, you should give your child varied and wholesome food to eat. You can also take care to reduce your carbohydrate intake a little. Your child should also have one Do sports that are fun for him and that boosts the metabolism. New hobbies also encourage children to be more active in their lives. When they go out, discover the world and meet new people, the subject of "food" will soon no longer be given that much importance.
Of course, you should always make sure that your daughter or son enough liquid takes. However, make sure you use sugar-free drinks, such as water and unsweetened tea, instead of giving your child sugar bombs like soda and iced tea.
Motivate your child to lose weight in a healthy way. Explain the consequences of being overweight and how you can tackle it together. Try, however, not to build up pressure, because otherwise it could withdraw or eat more out of spite.
Make him aware that losing weight is not about himself, it's just about his health.
Above all, parents should consider in the case of an overweight child on the same strand draw and follow their advice for yourself.
10 tips for weight loss for children
- The parents are leaving lead by example. Avoid using double standards. It is unbelievable to forbid your child to have sweets while secretly snacking on them.
- tries Eating meals together as often as possible. Sitting at a lovingly laid table, talking about what you have experienced, acts like an anchor in the hectic pace of everyday life.
- Small plates = small portions. Only one comes at the table small portion on the plate. If the little ones are still hungry, they can take a second helping.
- Listen to your child. Small children can tell exactly when they have eaten enough. If they are pressured to empty their plate even though they are full, they lose their natural feeling of hunger and satiety and become overweight.
- Drink before eating. A glass of mineral water before a meal curbs hunger and fills the stomach. And of course, water or highly diluted juice spritzers are also included during the meal.
- No distraction at the dining table. Eat slowly and undisturbed: Avoid distractions from TV, smartphone or a toy. And drag out the meal, because only after 15 to 20 minutes does the stomach signal that it is full.
- Snacks in between shouldn't be. If your child is not hungry, they can skip a meal as an exception. But: Then it has to wait for the next regular meal and is allowed to eat in between meals not easy to operate on the refrigerator.
- Food is not a comforter. Quarrel with the daycare friend, a bruised knee? Sweets are a good consolation, but they also pave the way to grief bacon. And then later, as adults, it can be a learned pattern in stress or distress.
- Allocate sweets precisely. If the grandparents or friends bring sweets for the little ones, they go to the snack box. The child is then allowed to take out a previously agreed portion. Important: Sweet things must not be banned, otherwise it will be too important.
- First of all, everything is allowed. Your child can eat anything - it just depends on the quantity and the combination. Exception: if the doctor has prohibited a food.
Watch out: avoid fat traps
Fish sticks:Breaded as well as fat-fried food is at the top of the wish list for the little ones. A breaded 150 g schnitzel has a full 12 g of fat, without breading, i.e. naturally fried, only 3 g.
French fries: They are the favorite dish of most children. Maybe it's because they're so easy to eat with fingers. The potato sticks should still be placed on the table as rarely as possible - and then alternatively cook in the oven instead of in the deep fryer.
- What physical thing can my family symbolize
- What is your most controversial political opinion
- Does Quora stand for something
- Is cloud hosting better
- What do the students see in the teacher
- What's bad about bread
- How can I look chic and beautiful
- What are the best sorting algorithms
- Can there be space without matter
- How did people first learn to read
- What is RABGAFBAN
- Where can I get empty guns
- Helps affiliate marketing with search engine optimization
- Is it harmful to drink too much water?
- What are examples of imports and exports
- Who are you selling a nickel from 1901 to
- Long-term relationships with narcissists are possible
- Wealthy people play
- Citizenship can be revoked from birth
- What are some of the most unique quotes out there
- How do I find Swiggy Coupons
- Can you hate family members
- Is there racism in Sydney?
- IRobot vacuum cleaners work on carpets
- Your SEO services include content marketing
- Money really ruins people
- What did old Indian soldiers eat
- Shouldn't Indians have traditional formal attire
- How important are first impressions to you
- Which puzzle should we not solve?
- Why do I eat when I'm tired
- Do you have a website or blog spot
- Will the Australian dollar rise in 2019?