Unemployment has fallen under Trump
Trump celebrates: US unemployment rate falls to its lowest level since 1969
Washington (AP) - Unemployment in the US has dropped to its lowest level in almost 50 years. The US Department of Labor said the unemployment rate was 3.6 percent in April.
It was last low in December 1969. In March the rate was 3.8 percent. In April, 263,000 new jobs came onto the labor market - significantly more than experts had previously expected.
President Donald Trump attributes the improvement in the labor market to his policy of lower taxes and the business-friendly dismantling of regulations. Trump wrote after the publication on Twitter: "JOBS, JOBS, JOBS!" Experts see the influence of politics on development as limited.
The US Federal Reserve stated in its latest report on the US economy that it can be assumed that the labor market will remain stable into next year. The unemployment rate is unlikely to rise again until 2021 - the year after the US presidential election.
Labor market statistics
This message is part of the automated news feed of the German Press Agency (dpa). The dpa is a news agency that supplies the media with self-researched and formulated reports on current events.
- How do you say great in Japanese
- What kind of coin is that
- What a heart disease
- What are early bird tickets
- What inspired JK Rowling to write
- You can share your smiling face pictures
- How does English sound
- Why was the speed of light discovered
- Are there any good resume writing services available
- What eating disorder do I have
- How are modern weapons made
- Americans watch college sports
- What is a life experience
- What is your high school life
- How much does Instagram pay per post
- How do airlines cooperate on routes
- How do narcissists target their victims
- Why did the Romans found a republic?
- Who are the real internet marketing leaders
- Can we bend the space
- What is the best wisdom for life
- Is Dumbledore really dead
- We are getting thicker because of technology
- Where do most of the immigrants come from?