Values and lifestyleWhy we young and conservative be can
Young and conservative. Where does the desire for tradition and the tried and tested come from? We will ask about this in the 21.
Social stability or looking at past experiences when facing current challenges - these are elements of conservatism that Jason values. He is in his early 20s, actually lives in Berlin and studies medicine, but is currently in the USA to write his doctoral thesis.
"By its very nature, conservatism is skeptical of progress and likes to stick to the old."
Even if Jason values conservatism very much, he also has criticism of the political movement, for example because conservatism is often rigid and finds too few answers to current problems.
Jason does not belong to a political party, but he is involved in the CDU-affiliated Konrad Adenauer Foundation for the rights of queer scholarship holders. He tells us how his work in the foundation will be received in the age of 21.
Political conservatism has limits
But what does it actually mean in concrete terms, politically, when people describe themselves as conservative? Jens Hacke is a political scientist at the University of Greifswald and says that there are different definitions for political conservatism.
For example, people could be liberal-conservative or democratic-conservative, but only up to a certain point: "When we hear AfD people say they are conservative, it becomes more difficult."
"If someone moves away from the foundations of liberal democracy, does not argue in conformity with the constitution, wants a different republic and does not adhere to certain rules, one can no longer speak of conservatism."
In politics, there is a limit to calling yourself conservative. For example, when parties or people move away from the foundations of liberal democracy or argue contrary to the constitution.
Samantha is 38 years younger than the CSU average
Samantha Simbeck is one of the 21.3 percent women in the CSU, and at 22 she is 38 years below the average age. The Augsburg resident describes herself as politically conservative, but that has little impact on her everyday life.
"I am involved in a conservative party with conservative structures, but that doesn't mean that I live conservatively."
She also did not have a particularly party-political influence on her parents' home. For Samantha's definition of conservatism, it is only important to maintain values and traditions and still not stick to the past.
She does not confirm that she has a difficult position as a woman within the CSU. In politics it is always difficult to assert oneself: "It's about competition."
In the podcast, Samantha tells us why she posted a picture of herself and her two friends with the signature "Three Angels for Merz" on Instagram!
New! You can now contact the Ab 21 team via WhatsApp.
What are you concerned with? Do you have a topic that we should definitely talk about on the show and on the podcast? Send us a voice message or write to us via WhatsApp:
If you save this number and send us a message,
you accept our rules on data protection and WhatsApp the
- How important is quality control
- Which was the first 8-bit game
- How heavy is IB Lang and Lit.
- Can I use salted butter in shortbread
- What makes a work of art expensive?
- Chinese men are attracted to Malay girls
- Is a Funnel Away Challenge worth the investment
- What makes Macbeth so convincing
- How dependent is Bhutan on India
- What did old people eat
- What is biological rust
- What is the cylinder liner in the internal combustion engine
- How does your wife make you happy?
- What are the best jobs in China
- Software developers are rich
- What are the sources of vitamin K2
- What are the indicators of economic growth
- What is the reference bible
- How can Venus be visible from Earth
- What is a passionate life
- How can I start writing a blog
- What is the best counterfeit nerf gun
- What do you call your parents
- What happens when we suddenly stop smoking