How much alcohol is drinkable
When is alcohol harmful?
Many people wonder how much alcohol is harmful. In Germany, men and women are recommended different maximum levels, which are considered to be low-risk. Current studies show slightly different values.
It is not easy to study the health effects of alcohol in detail because alcohol can have adverse effects on many different organs and areas of life. There are different international recommendations for low-risk drinking. The German Central Office for Addiction Issues recommends
- not to drink alcohol for at least two days a week.
- that women drink no more than 12 grams of alcohol per day, i.e. no more than a small glass of wine (0.125 liters). This corresponds to 60 grams over a week with two alcohol-free days.
- that men do not drink more than 24 grams of alcohol per day, i.e. two small glasses of beer (0.6 liters). This corresponds to 120 grams over a week with two alcohol-free days.
Two large international research groups have studied the health effects of alcohol. Their conclusion is:
Anyone who drinks less than 100 grams of alcohol per week on average does little or no harm to their health. 100 to 200 grams of alcohol per week shorten life expectancy on average by half a year, 200 to 350 grams by two years and more than 350 grams by five years. There was no difference between men and women.
Important is: The study results apply to healthy adults. It is important to remain abstinent for people who have been treated for alcohol addiction and are no longer drinking alcohol. Otherwise the risk for you is very high. It is also advisable not to drink alcohol for people with other addictions, as they can be prone to alcohol addiction.
- What was Aristotle famous for?
- What is a 22 caliber pistol worth
- Where can I find affiliate marketers
- What is your motivation every day at work
- Why is microwave popcorn bad for you
- Any state can purchase a state
- What happens if the probability exceeds 100
- Is traditional Indian food healthy
- Have you ever avoided saying goodbye why
- Will seedless grapes hurt dogs
- What famous place in Singapore
- How is your monday
- Can we save a global economy
- What is a state of the Markov chain
- What are some cool things about Lisp
- Flaxseed can cause diarrhea
- How does Galveston smell
- Can diamonds stop a ball?
- Which country has the most guns
- Why is China so sophisticated
- How does English sound
- How do I buy the neo crypto currency
- What does the Bible say about assertiveness
- What is the RFID tag used for?
- Why should an employee want a promotion?
- Are black holes broken or incomplete worm holes?
- Can foxes be domesticated? If so, how
- When was the University of Chicago founded?
- Are humans autonomous robots
- Can Vietnam veterans forgive the switchmen
- How do I lose weight on vacation
- Are Asian girls popular with American men?
- Why are certain people purposely rude
- What is a basic unit of measurement