How can you start a bakery
Register business with bakery / pastry shop
Anyone who wants to set up their own bakery or confectionery shop is, as a founder, also a trader. In this respect, the activity must be registered with the responsible trade office at the latest when it is started. By definition, an activity is commercial if it is carried out independently and regularly with the intention of making a profit. Incidentally, the later legal form of a company has no influence on the commercial obligation. A so-called 'ancillary trade' also has to be registered as a matter of principle. Anyone who does not open a new bakery / pastry shop but takes over an existing business will be required to register at the time of takeover.
Basic framework conditions for registering a business in a bakery / pastry shop
Founders in this area should know that a simple business registration is not enough. Before going to the responsible trade office, it is mandatory to register with the trade register, because it is a trade that requires authorization. It should also be borne in mind that the master craftsman's obligation must be observed if self-employment as a baker is sought. A bakery / pastry shop can also be opened if the Founder not a master himself is. This can work if a master is employed in the company or if the founder himself has a corresponding professional qualification (for example six years of professional experience as a baker's assistant, four years of which in a managerial position). Alternatively, those interested in founding a company have the chance to attend a preparatory course held by the Chamber of Crafts for a master craftsman's examination. Such a course is usually offered part-time and full-time, so there is flexibility. In financial terms, it is also possible to take advantage of the so-called Master BAföG.
Establishing a bakery / confectionery: formalities in the course of business registration
Before the actual business registration, in which the activity is described in more detail, is the Entry in the craft register is mandatory. The craft card obtained in this way must then be attached to the application for business registration. This also results in compulsory membership in the Chamber of Crafts with a corresponding contribution obligation. In the first year of establishment, an exemption from the obligation to pay contributions is provided, in years two to four reductions are provided. Membership should be strategically involved in order to receive expert advice. Relevant aspects in this regard are, for example, the statutory provisions of the Workplace Ordinance. For example, the ingredients must be correctly declared and if bakery products are packaged, the packaging must have a corresponding label (including correct information on the ingredients and best-before date). With over 300 types of bread, Germany is one of the world's front runners: Anyone who masters their craft not only knows how which type of bread is made, but also which ingredients must be present in what proportions in the dough.
Examination in individual cases: is a license required under catering law?
If a bakery / pastry shop with an integrated café and seating is planned, one is also planned Permission as part of the business registration required. In such a case, founders also run a catering business with a bakery, as they sell drinks and prepared meals can be eaten on site. If alcoholic beverages are also to be offered, a license must always be acquired. In this case, the relevant legal knowledge with regard to the protection of minors must also be proven. In any case, Paragraph 1 of the Catering Act provides that everyone operates a catering trade when food and drinks are sold. Paragraph 3 regulates details of the so-called dispensing license, provided that a bar-like operation is to be opened (which, however, should be rather difficult conceptually in a bakery). The decisive question for such a license is always whether alcoholic beverages should be sold. Section 2 of the Catering Act explains the prerequisites due to which a dispensing license is not required.
For example, without such a license it may be possible for alcoholic samples to be distributed to customers free of charge. In any case, however, the founders of a catering trade must work with theIHK a corresponding proof successfully acquire knowledge of hygienic standards. If the premises are to be converted, the building authority must be consulted. In general, the premises must meet certain size and safety regulations. The building authority or the trade supervisory authority are the right contacts for this. If a restaurant permit has to be obtained, a certificate of good conduct and an extract from the central trade register must be attached to the business registration.
To be successful in self-employment with a bakery means to think holistically
In addition to registering a business, there are of course many strategic aspects to consider right from the start, because the market for bakery products is highly competitive, with the traditional bakery becoming extinct for several years.
Register a business for a bakery / pastry shop: an overview of all central formalities
- it is a craft trade with a master craftsman's obligation
- Before registering the business, entry in the trade register is mandatory
- If you are not a master yourself, you can alternatively hire one in the company or, if necessary, provide evidence of sound professional experience
- In perspective, it is possible to aim for the master's title through a part-time or full-time course at the Chamber of Crafts (Master BAföG as a financing option)
- As soon as a café with seats is integrated, it is a catering trade that requires a permit
- A liquor license is generally required if alcoholic beverages are also sold
- The trade supervisory authority or the building authority is the right contact for spatial construction measures and safety regulations
- For a catering trade, a corresponding certificate of competence must be sought from the IHK (hygiene standards etc.)
- The legal regulations for the declaration of bakery products must be observed from the start (lists of ingredients, labels for packaged goods, etc.)
- Why is it black in space
- Why did the bureaucracy develop in ancient China?
- Who is the best hero in DotA
- How are photographers paid
- In which countries can Americans become citizens?
- Can you define the word schoen schoen
- How are Chinese treated in Indonesia
- What is bandwidth limit exceeded
- How did P Chidambaram get bail
- Technically, a fetus is a tumor
- What's your problem with vegetarianism
- Why were iron and nickel colored
- What is sleep meditation
- What is the use of media
- Photorespiration is the opposite of photosynthesis
- Uses Shopify WordPress
- Why do we celebrate Labor Day
- Vespasian was a good emperor
- How do I know what I know
- Which driving method is efficient
- How does Google react to duplicate content
- Why do authors use archetypes
- Does anyone need help with email marketing
- How much money do you have