Treat yourself to mental health days
12 tips for your own wellbeing
1. Make sure you have a regular daily routine! A fixed rhythm between being awake and sleeping with fixed meals creates structure and provides orientation.
2. Get moving! Exercising regularly, going for a walk or riding a bike in the fresh air is good for your body and mind. It's not about running a marathon. 10 minutes of easy walking a day can be just the thing.
3. Meet with people! Maintaining contact with people with whom you share an interest or with whom you feel understood helps you to feel connected to others, to leave the house and to get new impulses.
4. Do something! Maybe there is an activity that you haven't done in a long time, that you used to enjoy, or that you've always wanted to try. Sometimes it takes strength to motivate yourself, but experiencing things is important for you to feel good.
5. Eat healthy and tasty! Eating is a central part of our life. Regular fresh meals that you taste good make a significant contribution to your well-being.
6. Talk to your partner and / or your children! When they are or have been abroad together, they experience an intense time together. Sometimes everyday life just goes by. Make sure that you make time for conversations.
7. Treat yourself to relaxation! There are many ways to consciously create moments of relaxation. Yoga, breathing exercises, meditation or even a walk in the forest can help to achieve balance.
8. Live mindfully! Mindfulness means living in the moment with as little value as possible and consciously. Often our thoughts are in the past or in the future. This distracts us from the here and now and prevents us from shaping the current and taking good care of ourselves.
9. Collect the good things! Especially in challenging times, one often overlooks the small, positive experiences. It can therefore help to collect these in writing, e.g. by writing down three "good things" of the day every evening.
10. Tell us about your experiences! It can be good to tell others about what you have experienced and learned. In this way, you will be able to process the experience yourself and pass on knowledge from the country of assignment. Lectures, for example, are ideal for this.
11. Meet other professionals! Together you are less alone. Many problems can be lived through more easily if you share them with someone, on site in the country of assignment, but also after a development service, e.g. at a returnees seminar or in regional groups of the sending organization.
12. Contact your sending organization! Each sending organization has tips and experience in dealing with the difficulties that can arise during a development service and after a return. There you can also find out about support options.
It is important to take good care of yourself. Sometimes, however, self-care is not enough or there is a lack of energy to implement the tips. If you have this impression, seek advice and support. There are various possibilities.
When is professional support advisable? Questions for an initial orientation
Where and how can I seek professional support?
Back to overview
- It was China a colony of Vietnam
- What helped you most at AFROTC
- What is isotropic material
- Where can I get speakers in Singapore
- Is Subway Eating Healthy
- Can you live without a gallbladder
- Most people don't like each other
- What are the working hours in Singapore
- How much do sellers earn annually?
- What was the longest war and why
- Is it healthy to run every day
- How can I sell Clickbank products
- How can I become a FRCS doctor
- America goes towards socialism
- How can you become a Knight Templar
- Can you define the word schoen schoen
- Stamp collectors collect used stamps
- Men can wear skirts and dresses every day
- What is the fee in KVS
- Why do we fall in love every day
- Which cleaning products are pet safe
- What makes a person dangerous
- Are non-lethal defensive weapons effective
- Is the drug development process cyclical
- What's the best old tourist destination
- Was Facebook made with Wix
- How often does a volcanic tsunami happen?
- Why are crazy people so smart
- How long has it been since AD 100?
- How do you earn knowledge like money
- Are cryptocurrencies the future of payments
- What makes you grateful every day
- How do you increase engagement
- How do I remove Footer Blogger Credits