What are some expensive cars
Stress breaks out when another highway pusher is hanging on the back of the bumper. "Yes, I understand," you think to yourself, "you want to overtake. But look, wretched aggressor, a long column is driving in front of me, and trucks are crawling to my right. So what's the point?" Hate fantasies arise, and the fact that it is again a Mercedes-BMW-Audi-Porsche status bullet that is harassing you confirms all prejudices. In such overpowered cars, there are certainly disproportionately high numbers of bastards on the road, one then grumbles to oneself. But is that really the case or just resentment? Psychologists from Finland investigated this. And how they in International Journal of Psychology write, negative personality traits apparently correlate with the purchase of expensive cars.
Drivers of high-status cars are actually more likely to attract attention for their aggressive behavior
It was personal observations that motivated the scientists working with Jan-Erik Lönnqvist from the University of Helsinki for the study. The psychologists write that it is often drivers of expensive cars who overtake, speed, jostle and drive without blinking and attract attention through aggressive driving behavior. There are actually findings in the research literature that can be used to support this impression a little. According to this, drivers of status symbols are actually more likely to attract attention due to questionable behavior in traffic. Obviously, it is not just a matter of selective perception. So far, however, the results of these studies have been seen as evidence of the morally corrupting influence of prosperity, according to the researchers, after all, one must first be able to afford expensive cars. Money spoils the character, and in the high-priced sports car it then lives out, so the thought.
The Finnish psychologists now put a different hypothesis in the room: Perhaps people with a difficult character simply tend to acquire driving status symbols? In a sample of almost 1900 test persons, they found at least indications for this. To do this, they determined personality traits according to the so-called five-factor model, according to which a person's personality is made up of five main dimensions: openness to experience, conscientiousness, extraversion, tolerance and neuroticism.
According to the data, expensive cars are particularly attractive to men with poor tolerance. Incompatible people are considered selfish, aggressive, narcissistic, and the opposite of being nice. Studies have already shown that poorly tolerated people seem to like to purchase prestigious branded products. There are also findings that this personality dimension is associated with traffic sins. The new results from Finland now fit in with this. So drivers don't get too bumbling when they buy a fast car; rather, it seems to be the case that bullies are particularly keen to buy fast cars.
But, according to the (exaggerated) title of the study: It is not just Filthy bags that drive Mercedes. Even people with high scores in the personality dimension of conscientiousness are more likely to buy prestigious cars. These are probably the people who polish their cars bright every Saturday.
- Would you like to use a calculator?
- Attracts 6 packs of 8 women
- Are Hispanics racist towards Asians
- How effective are infographics
- How do I start an educational institution
- How do you earn knowledge like money
- Does marriage affect longevity
- What are the signs of being wise
- What are healthy foods and nutritional reforms
- What was the first tweet on Twitter
- What are some traditional Chinese recipes
- Do you think AirPods are overpriced?
- What kind of mayonnaise has dairy products
- What is wingsuit skydiving
- What is a passionate life
- Why do we need Facebook advertising
- How can someone take part in a race
- Is it worth it to be a freemason
- What are the top 10 gamification companies
- Do the Germans speak German properly?
- How Indian employees are treated in Malaysia
- Is the 2020 presidential election a scam
- How long is high school
- How does mayonnaise kill Laeuse