Which is greater than zero or decimal
Number line decimal numbers
We'll look at the number line with decimal numbers in this article:
- At the start one Explanationhow to understand the number line and decimal numbers.
- Examples for entering decimal numbers on the number line.
- tasks / Exercises for you so that you can train yourself.
- A Video to work on the number line and to enter numbers on it.
- A Question and answer area with typical questions.
We'll see in a moment how to display and enter decimal numbers on the number line. You should be able to handle numbers a bit. If the following topics do not mean anything to you, please read them first: Plus and minus problems up to 20, addition and subtraction up to 100 and converting fractions into decimal numbers. Those who already know this can read on right away. I recommend all others to read the articles mentioned first.
Explanation of the number line and decimal numbers
If you deal with the number line in school, then at the beginning you enter natural numbers on it. It can look like this, for example:
Of course, you can also display decimal numbers - that is, floating point numbers - on a number line. Let's take the following number line:
As you can see, decimal numbers between 0 and 1 are entered here. Between 0 and 1 there are 9 lines at equal intervals. For each line you have to count 0.1. The basic rule here is that an "even series" of decimal numbers must be created here. Note: The arrow pointing to the right as shown in the next graphic is often left out, please don't be surprised.
A number line with decimal numbers can also look a little different:
Here, too, the steps between 0 and 0.1 as well as between 0.1 and 0.2 and also between 0.2 and 0.3 must be the same size. Between 0.1 and 0.2 these would be the decimal numbers
If you look closely, you will notice that the small line at 0.15 is slightly larger. This is also the case with 0.25 and also previously with 0.05. There are also three arrows above the number line. The corresponding decimal numbers (point numbers) should now be specified for these. It would then look like this:
Decimal numbers on the number line Examples
A few more examples of decimal numbers on the number line will be dealt with in this area.
The following number line is given. What are the decimal numbers that are marked by the arrow in the next graphic?
The decimal numbers are to be entered on another number line.
Tasks / exercises number lineShow:
Video number line
Questions and answers decimal numbers on a number line
- Can breed mule deer and white tailed deer
- Why do spiders like sinks
- How is David Goggins personally
- Which currency is expensive
- How do you win customers
- What was your first game console 1
- What is the black population of the US
- Which chess engine does Chess Com
- How does someone get a CrossFit certification
- What does Kalar mean in Myanmar
- Which alternative crypto currency should one buy?
- What's your secret cookie recipe
- Why does money create money
- Has anyone ever seen atoms and molecules
- How do I have a strong penis
- How many farmers are there in California?
- How's Winnipeg
- Joining the Marines makes someone tougher
- Where do you advertise your blog
- Why sleeping late increases the risk of cancer
- What is hard to lose
- Is that a good startup idea
- Can I get used to Chinese food
- What does it mean to be smooth