What is Randomized PCA
- Nationwide evaluation study for patient education in non-metastatic prostate cancer.
- The course of study fits easily into routine care.
- Expense allowance per subject 120 euros (for study doctors).
- End of patient recruitment: December 31, 2020.
- EvEnt-PCA follow-up survey phase will run until August 31, 2021.
Information video: Background (7:11 min) and course schedule (8:40 min)
Video study schedule
On April 1, 2018, the project work on a large-scale randomized evaluation study of the prostate cancer decision-making aid began. The innovation fund of the Federal Joint Committee supports the project over four years with approx. 800,000 euros and thus enables a valid comparison with the previous standard. The aim is to demonstrate the possible benefits of multimedia patient information with level I evidence. A guideline recommendation could build on this and the additional remuneration for efforts to achieve shared decision-making could also be objectively justified.Further professional information for urologists can be found here
In the randomized study on the “Evaluation of a patient-oriented online decision-making aid for non-metastatic prostate cancer” (EvEnt-PCA), the decision-making aid is to be compared with the “Patient Guideline Prostate Cancer” as the current standard. The course of the study fits into the routine care without any problems: After the initial diagnosis, the attending physician offers to participate in the study. 750 patients are randomly assigned to either use the prostate cancer decision-making aid or they receive the printed brochure. The primary endpoint is the guideline-compliant use of a wait-and-see approach. In addition, the intervention is also intended to improve other qualities of decision-making. In addition, the medical point of view is also recorded as part of the study.
A total of 1,500 patients are to be included in the two-arm randomized evaluation study (end of recruitment: December 31, 2020). On the patient side, three survey times are planned (intervention and follow-up after one and 14 months). For the study physicians, the scope of work includes two survey times (study inclusion and follow-up after 14 months). The aim is to demonstrate the possible benefits of multimedia patient information with level I evidence. A guideline recommendation could build on this and additional remuneration for efforts to achieve shared decision-making could be well justified.
The expense allowance for study doctors is 120 euros per subject. Participating study doctors will receive a study folder in advance with all study documents for an initial ten patients.
With friendly support
- What happens when the cell is without DNA
- What do clothes symbolize in the Bible
- How can I make money with poetry
- What is the Quora email address
- What drives very successful people
- What is the input of cellular respiration
- Where is money made
- What are some social problems in London
- Which flour is used for Chinese noodles
- What does dark energy do
- Which cities start with the letter H.
- Why am I not smart 1
- How does sex feel
- What are some examples of green living
- What is pantheism
- Can you name a seedless fruit
- Is Croatia a good place to live
- What are earned media in digital marketing
- What makes a good brand manager
- Why do people cheat on others
- Why is school important for children
- What is KDM in 916 gold
- How do magnets work in weightlessness
- Fat shame would lower the obesity problem
- Who is DJ Marshmello
- Could we terraform Mars or Venus
- How does ADP
- Why are some fats good for you
- What is Cristiano Ronaldo's training routine
- What question do you hate to answer
- How do eunuchs urinate
- How was Godels' incompleteness theorem proved
- Let's move away from the sun