Why are some fats good for you
Good Fats, Bad Fats: What's the Difference?
Besides carbohydrates and proteins, fats are among the three basic nutrients. They have different functions: Under the feet, the fat pad acts as a shock absorber when walking, under the skin as protection against the cold and also as an energy reserve. Fats can be of vegetable or animal origin: They can be found in peanuts, flaxseed, milk, meat or fish, for example. A healthy diet depends primarily on the composition of these fats. Because there are so-called good fats and bad too.
Good fats are unsaturated fatty acids
So-called good fats, which are rich in so-called unsaturated fatty acids, are considered healthy. Because these acids provide the body with components that it cannot produce itself, which is why they are also referred to as essential fatty acids. The components of the acids are used to build body cells. Many unsaturated fatty acids are found in fish such as pikeperch or saithe. Alternatively, you can get these acids from rapeseed, soy or olive oil.
Good fats are not the rule
So-called saturated fatty acids are less important. They occur in pure fats such as butter or goose lard, but also in milk, in beef steak or in the leg of chicken. In contrast to unsaturated fatty acids, the body can also produce the components of saturated fatty acids itself. Saturated fatty acids are also found in numerous ready-made products, for example when oils are heated too long and harden when processing potato chips. The saturated fatty acids are also mentioned as risk factors for vascular diseases. Although this could not be confirmed in more recent studies from the USA, one should not consume too much saturated fatty acids. The reason: the energy that the body does not need from fatty acids is stored in adipose tissue. If you take in more energy than you need over a longer period of time, your fat storage also increases. And this is particularly noticeable on the stomach, hips or buttocks.
Good Fats, Bad Fats: A Guidehelp
The German Nutrition Society recommends 60 to 80 grams of fat per day. The proportion of saturated fatty acids should be 16 grams for women and 19 grams for men.
- How many inches are in 10 kilometers
- Learning will improve your IQ
- ClickBank pays through PayPal
- What is a partner portal
- Which startups have the best names
- How do people with ADD study ADHD
- What is arterial ABI
- What are some presentation ideas for the school
- What is junk DNA
- Why is French spoken in Belgium?
- Caesar Augustus felt sorry
- What is a healthy diet 5
- Which hosting provider are you using
- Why I don't understand American English
- What are some cool python tricks
- Which the Nazis considered undesirable
- What do people think of cancer survivors
- What do we owe as humans?
- Why is Indonesia censoring SpongeBob
- Was John Wayne a draft dodger
- Piano concertos are still being composed
- Is Dua Lipa a lesbian
- Is Yoast the best in WordPress
- Why did Dumbledore give Hermione the book