How are tariffs charged
The tax rate refers to those percentages or absolute DM amounts with which the tax assessment bases are multiplied in whole or in part in order to calculate the amount of the tax. Depending on the type of tax, the tariff can be designed differently and based on different basic ideas. The following tariffs apply to the most important taxes: The income tax has a progressive tariff (tariff, progressive) with the top rate of 56%. The corporation tax is generally levied at a rate of 56%. In the case of profit distributions from corporations with unlimited tax liability, it is reduced to 36%, whereby this “distribution tax” is offset against the income tax liability of the domestic shareholder. With the VSt, the tariff is 0.5% for natural persons and 0.7% for legal persons; Both GewSt the tariff is variable due to the community-specific assessment rates. The USt has a proportional tariff (tariff, proportional) of 13% and in exceptional cases of 6.5%, while the ErbSt knows a progressive tariff depending on the level of the assessment base and the degree of kinship. For most types of tax, an allowance or an exemption limit must be taken into account before applying the tariff.
informs about the amount of tax to be paid (tax liability T) for a certain amount of the tax base (X). It thus indicates the functional relationship between the tax base and the tax amount T = T (X). In tax rate theory, a distinction is made between average tax rate and marginal tax rate, which can be used to characterize the level and structure of a rate. Depending on the change in the average tax rate when the tax base changes, the tax rate theory differentiates between three types of tariff: proportional tax rate, progressive tax rate (tax progression) and regressive tax rate (tax regression). The tax rates actually implemented are usually not these ideal-typical rates, but combinations. The tax rate in a broader sense also includes tax exemptions, tax exemption limits, deductibility and creditability as well as the splitting procedure.
expresses the functional relationship between the tax base (X) and the tax amount to be paid (T): T = T (X). To mark a tariff as progressive, proportional or regressive, the change in the average tax rate (T / X) when the tax base changes. With a progressive tariff, T / X increases with increasing X.
(German sales tax). The German sales tax law has a linear tariff in the form of two tax rates. The standard tax rate is 19% and the reduced tax rate is 7%. As already indicated, this reduced rate is used for sales of goods for the basic supply. In addition, there are a number of exemptions from sales tax in the field of health care, money supply, housing, etc.The standard tax rates in Germany have increased from 10% to 19% from 1968 to the present day, and the reduced tax rates from 5% to 7%. The collection of sales tax and the reimbursement of input tax are done in one procedural step. As a taxable person, the entrepreneur has to submit monthly sales tax returns. In these he has to calculate the sales tax himself on the basis of his output sales and to offset it with the sales tax paid by him on purchased intermediate goods (input tax). A positive amount is to be paid to the tax office, a negative amount is reimbursed by the tax office. See also sales tax (with references).
Previous technical term: tax system | Next technical term: tax rate / collection method
Report this article to the editors as incorrect & mark it for editing
- Which movie saved Marvel
- How are raw materials processed
- How does Facebook Messenger work
- What would happen if ISIS conquered Mecca?
- How are submarines propelled?
- What are the unwritten rules of society
- How can I stop thinking about money?
- Who is DJ Marshmello
- Which B2C CRM system are you using
- Significant numbers are important
- What are Veteran's Assisted Living Benefits
- Does genetics affect emotional intelligence
- The eyelashes grow back
- Quora blocks the anonymity of certain questions
- What is a good PC for Fortnite
- How do you earn a six-figure salary
- Which cities start with the letter H.
- How can I request B2B cold calls
- How to get backlinks easily in 2018
- How am I torn apart
- In what are ICs used
- What is a cross-platform platform application
- How do you row
- Who was Minamoto Yoritomo
- Why is Kathleen Wynne so unpopular
- How many Italian restaurants are there in NYC
- Should I create social media accounts
- What was the star of Bethlehem
- Why does India not have skyscrapers like China does
- Are you currently suffering from depression?
- There is an Uber for the delivery of groceries
- How is a document released?
- How are currency reserves accumulated
- What are the funniest games of chance