What are the signs of bipolar illness
In order to be able to make a diagnosis of bipolar disorder, a psychiatrist usually has to interview the person concerned extensively and test various things. Ideally, he also speaks to relatives, because, especially in manic episodes, there is often a difference between self-description and external description. That is why questionnaires and others Self-testshardly suitable for manic depression in order to adequately record symptoms of those affected.
If there is a suspicion of bipolar disorder, doctors must investigate further whether other illnesses might not be causing the observed symptoms. The depressive episode can easily be mistaken for unipolar depression. If the first episode is depressive, a doctor cannot even know whether there will be manic episodes or hypomanic phases. It only helps to keep a close eye on the person affected.
But also the hypomanic or manic episodes in which those affected are exaggeratedly euphoric, for example, can lead to someone confusing bipolar disorder with borderline. Borderline sufferers are often impulsive, but their emotional state can change within hours compared to that of manic-depressive people.
Doctors not only have to differentiate bipolar disorder from other mental illnesses, but also, depending on the circumstances, from physical ones. These can include epilepsy, brain tumors, thyroid disease, HIV, drug or drug addiction, migraines, dementia or Parkinson's disease.
It is important for those affected that doctors recognize their illness as early as possible. The fewer manic episodes or depressive episodes that have already occurred at the time of diagnosis and the start of therapy, the greater the chances that further episodes will not occur.
Especially people who are currently in a manic episode, however, usually do not even see that they are currently having problems. You feel fine and refuse to see a doctor.
- Are we at risk of a measles epidemic?
- What are archetypal twin flames
- Is eating roasted coffee beans harmful?
- Why was Don Cherry fired
- Who is Draco's godfather
- Where is DNA in the cell
- What let you down but encouraged you
- Why does Niantic allow Pokemon GO hacks
- Are there really occult practices?
- Why does ramen upset my stomach
- What is a googolplex shared by googol
- Which is worse, knowing everything or not
- Can men eat tofu
- Google Stadia is getting better
- What does 20 00 mean in biblical terms
- You can clean your carpet with Fabuloso
- Uses Shopify WordPress
- When will the Borg collective assimilate the earth?
- Are wrinkled passion fruit safe to eat?
- What makes boxing training so difficult
- Can parents force marriage in Islam?
- What's the worst Vietnamese food to try
- Hotel owners live in their hotels
- Is there a wormhole on earth