Eat black holes time
Space Knowledge: Surprising Facts About Black Holes
1. Black holes don't suck everything in
The idea that black holes are gigantic vacuum cleaners that suck planets, stars, galaxies, light, everything into itself is widespread. In truth, they behave like any other object in space - only with an extremely high pull. It is spectacular, but not an omnipresent danger. If the sun turned into a black hole of equal mass, the earth would orbit it just as the sun did before.
2. Black holes elongate everything and everyone like spaghetti
There is even an expression for it: "Spaghettification". Before an object is completely captured by the enormous force of attraction, i.e. crosses the event horizon, the part closer to the hole is stretched out. In other words, an astronaut who drifts feet first into the hole gets legs like spaghetti before the rest of his body follows.
3. Black holes can theoretically create new universes
This is still a steep thesis that is still being researched - but theoretically it is possible. The enormous compression of mass in a black hole could reach a maximum point from which it expands again explosively, similar to the formation of our universe.
4. Black holes can release enormous amounts of energy
This is due to the matter, mostly consisting of dust and gases, which is constantly circling the black hole close to the edge. Due to the enormous speed, the mass heats up in such a way that large amounts of energy are released - provided the hole has not yet swallowed everything around it.
5. A gigantic black hole is in the middle of our galaxy
And that's even the largest that we can observe directly, a so-called super-massive black hole: "Sagittarius A *" at the center of the Milky Way is four million times as heavy as the sun and has a diameter of 25 million kilometers, which is around the 18th century times the sun. But don't worry: the black hole is around 27,000 light years away from Earth. Scientists suspect that it was formed around the same time as the Milky Way, around 13 billion years ago.
- How many meters in 1 000 cm
- What Are Some Devious Psychological Marketing Tactics
- Take Any Vitamins 1
- Shyness is a negative personality trait
- Which country is the iPhone from?
- Why do climbers have bad posture
- How did the Romans conquer Lusitania
- Is it acceptable to love older women?
- Why is American food so good
- Is there anyone better than Jiddu Krishnamurti
- Why won't Walmart cash my check
- What does PVE stand for
- Is Australia a country
- What are the bugs in Quora
- How would you describe your DM style
- Does a soul ever die
- What is human poverty
- What Are Some Unique Affiliate Marketing Tips
- How to bake a chocolate cake
- Can cause fast food ulcers
- Hygiene women pee in the shower
- What's great about nickel is the metal
- How technology improves the healthcare industry
- Does evolution change DNA