What is a better diet or regular soda
Soda - How the home remedy cleans ecologically: 5 tips
Everyone knows the problem: at some point the water in the shower just doesn't drain properly. This is due to deposits of soap, hair, skin flakes, dirt and other residues. But leave the colorful drain cleaner from the supermarket on the shelf.
Only recently, researchers from the University of Bergen found out in a long-term study how dangerous cleaning with chemical cleaning agents is. In addition to the health risks, the environmental pollution caused by chemical substances should not be underestimated.
Clean the drain with soda
Instead, try a tried and tested natural home remedy: Simply pour four tablespoons of soda straight down the drain and pour in half a cup of household vinegar. Let the soda mixture foam up, leave it on for a few minutes and then rinse with a liter of boiling water. Repeat if necessary.
tip: If the water does not drain well, even the best cleaning agent will not help. Then you should disassemble the drain and clean it by hand. That is the most effective anyway.
Getting white laundry white again
Dirty or gray laundry? Soda is ideal for pre-treatment and bleaching - and it is completely non-toxic. For pre-treatment, simply add a tablespoon of soda to a liter of water. Or let the laundry soak for a while in a lye made from 1-2 tablespoons of soda powder and 10 liters of water.
Since soda bleaches, you should only treat white or light-colored laundry with the lye. And animal fibers like wool or silk shouldn't come into contact with soda either.
Remove burnt food in the oven with soda
You can also clean baking trays, baking tins or grill racks with soda. For the ecological cleaning agent, add one tablespoon of pure soda to one liter of water. Heat up, treat or spray the dirty areas, leave to act until they can be removed with a sponge. Then rinse clear.
Clean the terrace and remove algae
Anyone who has a terrace made of natural stone is familiar with this: after winter, a green layer of algae appears. On the other hand, those who go to the field with a high-pressure cleaner risk rinsing out ailing grouting.
It is always gentler - and also non-toxic for animals and plants - to remove the algae with a solution of 1-2 tablespoons of soda and 10 liters of water. You should only be careful with noble surfaces such as polished granite. Better to do a sample in a hidden place.
One for (almost) everything: washing soda
Instead of using expensive detergents, you can mix one yourself with two simple ingredients. All you need is soda powder and curd soap.
For two liters of detergent, grate 30 grams of curd soap and briefly boil the curd soap together with four tablespoons of soda powder in a high stainless steel pot. Stir with a whisk, fill and you're done. 150-200 ml of detergent is sufficient for normal washing.
Danger: The detergent is not suitable for animal fibers such as wool or silk! You can find detailed instructions here.
More on the topic at GEO.de
- How late is it now in eternity
- What's the worst Vietnamese food to try
- What is Descriptive Statistics
- Can I use stucco paint on drywall
- Can You Do Affiliate Marketing on Wix?
- Why does knocking occur with CI engines
- What is there about GB Road Delhi
- Will you choose beauty over character
- How can a smoker quit smoking
- How is a salt lake created
- What is healthy spinach or green cabbage
- Are the Japanese being racist towards Korean tourists?
- Is gravity a force 1
- What is relativity theory in space
- Intellectual property should be abolished
- What are Narendra Modi's educational degrees
- What is the weakness of British television
- Hong Kong protesters dig in
- What is the necessity of marriage
- Are there religious evolutionists
- Is it true that masturbation lowers your IQ?
- What are sailboat covers for a boat
- How is Singapore's clubbing and party scene
- What is a life experience