How do I remove Footer Blogger Credits
How To Remove The WordPress Proudly Endorsed By WordPress
Divi: the easiest WordPress theme to use
Divi: the best WordPress theme ever!
More 901,000 downloads, Divi is the world's most popular WordPress theme. It's complete, easy to use, and comes with 62+ free templates. [Recommended]
You have just completed your website. You have a catchy headline, your content is clear, and you are ready to get your website published.
However, you will notice the "Proudly powered by WordPress" link in your footer. Is your masterpiece doomed to be a WordPress mascot forever, or can the footer be removed? The good news is that it is possible.
You probably noticed the footnote message related to WordPress.org:Proudly powered by Wordpress .
It's a small post that can be found in the footer of several native WordPress themes, which proves the WordPress project volunteers right. While some people find it unattractive, you may have more ambitious plans for your website and this "commercial" may not be what you are looking for. So, if you have it, try figuring out how to remove the "Proud with WordPress" credit from your website. And that is exactly what this article is supposed to help you with.
Is it legal to delete WordPress signature?
You will be happy to know that removing the WordPress footer from your website will leave you free.
WordPress as a whole is free and under LPG (General Public License) license. This basically means that you are in your right to use, modify, and even redistribute WordPress.
If that's not enough for you, any WordPress theme you download from the official WordPress.org theme directory will be covered by the same license. You can also edit these topics.
That being said, in the rest of this article, I'll be showing you how to change or delete your website's WordPress copyright footer, especially if you're using a standard WordPress theme.
Easily build your website with Elementor
Elementor makes it easy to create any website design with a professional look. Stop paying dearly for what you can do yourself. [Free]
Always save before making changes
The important things first. Before making any changes to your website, it is always a good idea Save the content of your website. So if you accidentally break something, the quick way to fix it is by reverting your website to an older version. Lots of people have lost valuable information and even entire websites because they didn't secure their websites and we don't want the same thing to happen to you.
How to hide the Wordpress copyright footer
To hide that proudly powered by WordPress in the footer, you will need:
- Access to your WordPress dashboard
It's the quick, easy, but unsavory method that deserves a mention, but one that should be avoided. To do this, you need to add CSS to the Customizer theme. That's how it's done:
- Go toAppearance> Customize on the WordPress dashboard
- click onAdditional CSS at the bottom of the menu.
- Paste the following CSS code
However, if you're a little bit reckless, or if losing search traffic is not your concern (maybe most of your traffic isn't coming from search queries) then this method can be used.If you are more careful or the bulk of the traffic is on your websitecomes Search, read the next option.
How To Remove WordPress Footer Copyright
To change the footer you will need:
- Access to your WordPress admin area
- A text editor on your computer
Method # 1: via the WordPress Theme Customizer
Depending on the theme used, you can optionally remove or edit the "powered by WordPress" footer directly in your design customizer.
- Go toAppearance> Customize on the WordPress dashboard
- click onfooter > Lower bar
- You canDisable footer credits or put your own text inChange the balance in the footer.
Method # 2: via the native theme options.
It works best for most third-party topics. Sometimes the native WordPress theme customizer may not be equipped to edit the footer in WordPress. The best thing to do is to check the theme settings first.
If you can't find the option to turn off footer credits in the Theme Customizer, you can also see the Widgets section or options for each theme.
Method # 3: edit the Footer.php file
If maintaining your website's SEO is important to you, edit the filefooter.php Your theme is another easy way to remove credit links from WordPress footer. Thefichierfooter.php Contains the information your site needs to display your site's footer, including the WordPress credits link.
The safest way to change the WordPress footer code on your website is to use an SFTP file manager like Filezilla to access your core files. For security reasons, some web hosts disable the option to change your theme code directly in your WordPress administration area. If you find that you cannot find your website theme editor in your WordPress admin area, it may have been disabled by your host. This means that you will need an SFTP file manager to access your files. But don't worry, we've explained how to do it.
- Sign in to your site using an SFTP file manager.
- Access the directorypublic_html / wp-content / themes .
- Open the directory with the topic you want to edit.
- Find the filefooter.php Then copy them into the appropriate sub-topic directory.
- Open the filefooter.php Then use a text editor to find the code and remove it from the footer depending on the theme you're using.
Subject Twenty Sixteen:get_template_part ('template-parts / footer / site', 'info');
Twenty Nine Subject:,
- Click "Update File" and the footer credit link will either disappear or be changed.
Little warning: Before changing your WordPress theme, it is always a good idea to create a sub-theme instead of directly changing your WordPress website code. Here's why you should do this:
- Any update that brings your design to the latest version can cause all of your work to be abandoned and your footer back to its pre-edited state.
- By changing the code directly on your website, you could change or delete the wrong code and damage your website.
If you are new to creating kids themes, you can read more about how to create a kids WordPress theme in our guide. .
Hope you found this article helpful in removing or changing the Proudly Powered by WordPress footer credit on your website. As you can see, there are a number of different methods used to skin the cat. Try the other methods above if one of them doesn't work. If you have any questions about removing the WordPress copyright footer from your website, feel free to leave a comment below.
This article contains comments 2
I followed your instructions. Exactly! I've now put my own text in there and even added a link to your page. Many Thanks ! It was easier than I thought! Greetings Karl.
This website uses Akismet to reduce unwanted content. Learn more about how your comment data is used.
- How many zeros are in 10 800
- How to write a resume summary
- How do I check my Ahrefs backlinks
- What did Hitler do to Hitler
- What are the uses of carbon black
- Why do people never answer my questions
- What's your worst day of the week
- How do I create a WordPress site
- What famous male singers have soft voices
- Will China escape the middle income trap?
- What is the best chocolate cake recipe
- Is a TI 84 worth it
- How do I eat maximum nutrition
- Can you record music in prison?
- Which startups have the best names
- Can one soul influence another
- How can America become more like China
- What is the best scale
- What are some funny memes
- How are Serbian women
- What is a reactivity series
- When was the thousand dollar bill discontinued?
- What is belief in religion
- What are the best marketing resources