What is the synonym of first and foremost
in first line (German)
Part of speech: word combinationHyphenation:
- in the first line
- IPA: [ɪn ˈeːɐ̯stɐ ˌliːni̯ə]
- 1) in the first place; especially
- The word "line" used by scribes in the monasteries, from Latinlinea,Middle High Germanlîne,Old High Germanlîna, initially referred to a longer line that was drawn with the help of a guideline. Then characters and numbers were written on it. This loan word gradually found its way into the general vocabulary. In negotiations, compensation for injustice suffered was placed first, everything else only came second.
- 1) above all
- 1) at first sight, especially, mainly, first of all, first of all
- 1) in the second line
- 1) I know someone who primarily wants to earn a lot of money, everything else is subordinate to that.
- 1) “This primarily A way of enjoying falling, characterized by feelings of fear and lust, is not the only one, however, which is characteristic of the experience of falling. It is primarily typical for first-time bungee jumping and newcomers. "
- 1) Primarily the aim is to better organize the variety of funding programs. In addition, the new rules could be used to improve the statistics.
- 1) “As with the A6, faster electronics also ensure faster data transfer in the A7. Externally, the four-door coupe also falls primarily the changed daytime running lights and the new graphics of the LED rear lights. "
- English: 1) first and foremost, first of all, primarily, chiefly
- French: 1) en premier lieu
- Italian: 1) prima di tutto, primo fra tutti, in primo luogo
- Kurmanji: 1) berî her tiştî, di serî de
- Swedish: 1) i första linjen, i första hand
Similar words (German): across the board
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„Maybe I'm against abortion. But primarily I am FOR life. Even the unborn. That makes a difference.“
BILD.de, October 13, 2018
„The Fuggerei is not primarily Sight, but home to 150 people. Obtaining is becoming more and more difficult.“
Augsburger Allgemeine, May 10, 2019
„The purchase prices for residential real estate are increasing, with them the ancillary acquisition costs and the equity requirement. That hits primarily young households.“
Handelsblatt.com, August 9, 2019
„Train stations have to become meeting places again - and they do primarily via passengers, not via sales counters.“
Luxemburger Wort, August 14, 2019
„The share of the online retailer Zalando is currently one of Europe's high-flyers. But there are primarily speculative factors responsible.“
cash.ch, January 14, 2019
„The plague is not primarily a danger to health, but to the economy and society.“
Bernerzeitung.ch, February 1st, 2020
„The SPD is happy about some successes in the runoff elections. That is true primarily for the northern parishes.“
sueddeutsche.de, March 30, 2020
„Everyone is talking about education. The federal government also feels it has an obligation, although it does primarily It is a matter of the country.“
GMX, February 20, 2020
„In the case of political education, it has to be primarily go to the content of the Ibiza video. And not about its creation.“
DiePresse.com, June 4th, 2020
„The improvements in the new release of the tool should primarily contribute to a higher performance.“
heise online, February 5th, 2020
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Thesaurus & Synonyms
- first of all
- first off
- first of all: Colloquially: before something else happens
- primary (go.): first and foremost, in a preferential way
- especially: especially, in the first place
- priority: having the highest priority; treat first
- first of all: Colloquial, reinforcing: above all / everyone else, in the first place, first / first / first ever, very first
- first): first; at the beginning, in the beginning
- first of all): before a temporal or abstract sequence; at the beginning, at the beginning; outdated: spatially adjacent
- first of all: above all else
Another word (synonym) for primarily - Source: OpenThesaurus
Entries from our dictionary that contain "primarily":
vocabulary:… Language together. 1) "The vocabulary has been expanded to include a number of new expressions, primarily this one: flipping." 1) "We call them loanwords, but they ...
line: ... line used. Saying / idioms: across the board the slim line primarily Typical word combinations: 4) open line, half-open line ...
Transrapid:… Trans | ra | pid, plural: - Word meaning / definition: 1) a high-speed train that is primarily intended to transport people and high-value goods ...
Accessory: Everything that women carry around with them is primarily an accessory and is not measured by its functionality, but judged according to fashion criteria
Mount:… Plural: Reit | tie | re Word meaning / definition: 1) animal held for the purpose of riding (primarily for locomotion) Abbreviation: 1) Reitt. Origin of the term: ...
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Primarily" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (19.5.2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/in_erster_Linie/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. You can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term "primarily" and thus help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
be in firm hands (German) Part of Speech: Idiom Hyphenation: in fes | ten sein sein Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA: [ɪn ˈfɛstn̩…
in red-handed (German) Part of Speech: Idiom Hyphenation: in fla | g | ran | ti Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA: [ɪn flaˈɡʀanti]…
in the wild (German) Part of Speech: Idiom Hyphenation: in frei | er Wild | bahn Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA: [ɪn ˈfʁa…
in gross (German) Part of speech: Word connection Hyphenation: in gros | so Word meaning / definition: 1) va. on a large scale, in ...
to be in good hands (German) Part of Speech: Idiom ancillary forms: to be in the best hands, to be in safe hands Hyphenation: in ...
In any case (German) Part of speech: idiom Hyphenation: in each case word meaning / definition: 1) unconditional; With…
to find one's master in someone (German) part of speech: idiom Hyphenation: in each | man | dem his | nen master | fin | the word meaning / definition: 1) ...
in someone's name (German) Part of Speech: Idiom Hyphenation: in je | man | des Name Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA: [ɪn ˈjeːmand …s…
in medias res (German) Part of Speech: Word Compound Subforms: medias in res Hyphenation: in me | di | as res Pronunciation / stress:…
- If 3x 3 9x what is x
- Is TicketSwap com safe
- Who can hear ultrasound noises?
- Was Donald Trump hated before the presidency
- How do I become an astrophysicist-astronaut
- Time is important to life
- Should we have a lot of friends
- What are Indian decimal coins
- Where can I buy auto parts
- What are some good Russian torrent sites
- How many people are affected by smoking?
- Why did Disney create Disney XD
- There are street parades in Ipoh Malaysia
- How do I die naturally without pain
- What is the most fascinating thing about the universe
- What is the significance of nationalism
- Can humanity survive without robots
- What UFO sightings did most of the witnesses have
- Most white Americans are racist towards Asians
- Leave milk biscuits for Santa Claus
- Which website can I use for leads
- Can you eat raw lamb
- Is chicken bad for your health?
- Which professional sport requires the most athleticism