How do chemicals affect plants
Effects of pesticides on humans and the environment
Effects on the air
Highly volatile active ingredients can escape into the air through evaporation, especially in dry and warm weather, and then in some cases can later be detected again in the rain.
Side effects on living things
Insecticides, often also fungicides and herbicides, kill not only harmful but also beneficial organisms. Plant protection products should therefore be used and dosed in a targeted manner. Whether a product is poisonous for bees or fish or dangerous for the environment can be checked on the label or in the list of approved pesticides.
Another problem is the accumulation of pesticides in the food chain. Substances that are not or very poorly broken down in the body and hardly excreted accumulate in the food chain. The further we follow the course of the food chain, the higher the concentrations of such a substance.
Resistance can also be a problem. These can arise when the same active ingredients are used repeatedly.
Effects on human health
Chemicals can enter the body in a number of ways: through direct ingestion through the mouth, through inhalation, or through contact with the skin. The effect can take place locally at the point of impact (e.g. a skin burn) or have a systemic effect in another location in the body (e.g. visual impairment after absorption of insecticide mist via the respiratory tract). Since pesticides can also be absorbed through food, maximum concentrations of the permitted residues are specified. In order to ensure safety during use, users of plant protection products must have a specialist license, which is acquired after successfully completing a course. Specialist license holders are also obliged to obtain regular information and further training on the best practice.
Correct handling of the mostly toxic products is important. When handling it, make sure that direct contact with the agent is prevented as far as possible.
- How many Chinese people leave China every year
- What is something interesting to consider
- How purposeful is life
- Guns are completely banned in NYC
- The Bible was written for black people
- What is personal branding
- Is exhibitionism a crime
- Need marketers qualifications
- Who is Snooki from the Jersey Shore
- What does Isaiah 50 mean 11
- How can i impress you
- What are the benefits of Neurobion Forte
- Can I reduce my metabolic age
- Are human thoughts connected
- What is German food made of?
- What's your favorite recipe 6
- Learning will improve your IQ
- Can be taken protein powder at night
- How can I simply unsubscribe now
- What are the incredibly useful business opportunities
- How can I start an online magazine
- Why we use Singlish
- Why do people behave badly towards me
- Why customers abuse the cash on delivery service