Should a mother defend her abusive son
Should I give my son a Christmas card from my mother that we purposely have no contact with?
Let's make an analogy with our legal system as this is the disciplinary standard that we have agreed on as a whole.
Penalties for crimes, except for the most serious offenses, are imposed and then the person has "passed their time" and is given another chance in society with a full reset. As a society, we believe in second chances, reforms and no permanent resentment to make the rest of their lives miserable when the crime doesn't warrant it.
Well I don't know what your mom did, and we don't need to know, but some things you might be wondering: 1) Is a permanent punishment related to the crime or will a length of time be used to make it the point where the behavior was unacceptable?
2) Do you incorporate your punishment for her behavior towards you into her punishment for how she treated your son?
3) If you screwed up, really reformed and sought repentance from your child, would the twist of the knife refusing to ask repentance for even the rest of your days push you back to your old habits?
4) If your child is a little older and learns about grandparents from their friends, will you be telling the truth that their grandmother wants to spend time with them, but you won't let them?
5) How do you feel about the example you give your child that you do not believe that people can change, that even when they are repentant, they are not redeemable?
I can't answer these questions for you, but since you didn't mention any deaths from them or harassment, in my humble opinion you should allow your child the card. You don't have to tell your child it's bad - they can find out for themselves in time if she messes it up again in words, or in person if you ever let them. I would compare telling your child that grandma is bad to a divorced spouse who demonizes the other spouse when they are not around.
- How long should your blog comments be
- How do you behave towards happiness and health
- Why don't Taiwanese people like China?
- Life turtles in the water
- What is the best political point of view
- What does wall tile cost
- What are confidence statistics
- Can an NRI apply to BITS Pilani
- How can you legally change your name
- What is Freud about philosophically?
- What is the best travel company in Delhi
- What is the national income in the economy
- What is the meaning of I d
- What is a good mother's day gift
- What is the most fascinating thing about the universe
- What was Amber Guyger's motive for killing
- Why should you wash fruits before cutting
- How can I restore my WhatsApp account
- What is a language in Malay
- What are the best free spin casinos
- What do breeding pigs eat
- How do I start a crypto currency project
- How can I become a FRCS doctor
- Which Thai food is the healthiest