Which object best describes my personality
Can you give me terms that describe your character?
Self-assessment is an art in itself - and the line between arrogance and stoicism is fine. In your self-description, you are primarily expected to be self-confident and honest. Not at all that easy, because with "beautiful, intelligent, charming, but above all modest" you only get a few likes on Facebook - but not a new job.
- How would you describe yourself?
- How would your friends describe you?
- How would you describe someone who knows you well?
Prepare for this question:
- Make a list of adjectives that you think best describe you
- Ask a few friends or family members to do the same
- Evaluate what was mentioned most often and pick out a few positive attributes that go well with the position and the company
- Connect each quality with a story from work or leisure to portray it believably and vividly
- Be honest! It doesn't help if you describe yourself as communicative in the interview, but turn out to be a loner in your job, for the customer contact is pure horror
- Analyze [which qualities are important for the position] (and compare them with yours - if you present yourself as completely unsuitable, honesty will not do you any good either
- Show personality: There is one quality that all of your friends would associate with them first? Then name it, even if it is not directly related to the job (in this case, by the way, small weaknesses are also allowed). Your interlocutor wants to know who is sitting across from him - and personalities are always in demand!
- Bring examples: Anyone can list great sounding adjectives. Bring examples so that the person you are talking to can get a better picture of you and that you come across as credible
"I am very honest. My good friends like to ask me for advice in important situations, if they want to hear an honest opinion, even if it may be different from what they would have liked. "
- Play it safe: "I am professional, organized and tidy."
This is certainly not a description that the interviewer remembers after 50 conversations. You won't win a flower pot with properties that everyone has or should have at least a little.
- Lies: First, because that's a very bad quality. Second, because a skilled recruiter will tell you that anyway. Third, because it comes out after you are hired at the latest and you will not be happy in a job that you cheated into anyway.
- Have no answer: “Phew, I can't think of anything spontaneously. Nice maybe? "
What that says about you: That you haven't prepared and are probably pretty boring, but at least unreflective. Plus points: zero.
What the recruiter wants with this question:
Your reaction to the question says a lot about your self-confidence: Are you so uncomfortable talking about yourself that you would like to disappear into the ground? Then you are probably a very insecure person. Furthermore, the person you are talking to will pay close attention to whether you are making an honest impression or trying to talk yourself a little more appropriately than you are. Last but not least, it is of course also about the description itself: It helps him to assess whether you would more or less fit into the team.
Approach the question openly and honestly and show who you really are. Focus on qualities that show the recruiter that you are suitable for the job. If you have a small, personable quirk that does not affect your professional life, that's not a problem, but rather leads to the fact that the person you are talking to remembers you!
- Is love a decision or a feeling
- What are the best hacks for corporate offices
- Overweight people should face higher insurance premiums
- How will affiliate marketing develop?
- Is there fairness in terms of content in the legal system
- What the hell is wrong with society
- What is 5NF in DBMS
- Which country has the shortest working week?
- What are data science business cases
- This will reduce your risk of various types of cancer
- What weapons do FBI agents get
- Where do thieves sell stolen technology
- Someone eats coffee grounds
- How many federal laws are there
- What is human nature
- What is NumPy and Pandas in Python
- Can Nutella catch fire
- What CPM does AdSense offer
- Are cryptocurrencies useful
- How serious is racism in the Philippines
- What types of digital marketing are there
- Bluehost web hosting has a discount
- What are Narendra Modi's educational degrees
- How do you feel about illegal immigration?
- How to multiply square numbers
- Which Australian IT companies are hiring country games
- How do I prevent car rust
- Can we smoke a cigarette
- Why do newspaper sellers say extra
- Meghan Markle is a nice person
- What's in sugar?
- What are hidden secrets about cruise ships