What is your passion at work
Do you finally want to do what you love? Are you looking for your job as a vocation? Would you like to change your career? Do you feel that there is more to you than you are currently realizing? In this article, you will learn how to turn your passion into a profession and why it is so important.
Sometimes life hits you like a brick
Steve Jobs ’was“ hit by a brick ”. Apple had fired him! He of all people, Apple's face, visionary and mastermind. His life's work was destroyed. How do you get up after such setbacks? Steve Jobs in his 2005 Stanford speech:
“Sometimes life hits you like a brick. Don't lose faith. I believe the only thing that got me going was that I loved what I did. You have to find what you love.”
How do you motivate yourself in life, even if you have setbacks, sagging or doubts? I am convinced: Only an irrepressible motivation, a passion for what you do enables the exhaustion of your full potential and the development of your individuality and personality. The prerequisite is that you find a fascinating task and dedicate yourself to it permanently. Only then can you stay on course even in difficult phases:
“Nothing on earth is without difficulty! Only the inner drive, the lust, the love help us overcome obstacles, pave the way and lift us out of the narrow circle in which others are poorly fearful ”. -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Simple test question whether you have already found your calling
You can determine whether you have already found your calling using a simple test question: Do you enjoy getting up in the morning like a little child? Can you hardly wait until you can finally start with your “work”, with your “game”? For children, their work is not work, but a game, pure joy, a spirit of discovery and invention. You have to force them to stop. When was the last time you completely forgot yourself in your work? What kind of activity was that? That’s the hot lead. Steve Jobs put his test question like this:
“For 33 years I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: If today was the last day of my life, would I do what I set out to do today? And every time the answer was 'no' for several days, I knew I had to change something. "
Why should one make a separation between life and work? If you think this is illusion, idealism, or madness, then this is the time to stop reading. Then you may not believe (anymore) that you too can make a masterpiece of your life. It's not about great inventions. It is about the fulfillment in action. Out of this, top performance comes naturally.
Passion or strengths - what shows us the way?
Not our “strengths”, but our “passions” show us the way. Steve Jobs:
“... and the only way to do a great job is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't stop. With all the fibers of your heart you will feel when you have found it. "
My mission as a consultant, trainer and coach is to unlock the full human potential. This is exactly why I “fell in love” with the EKS when I met it in 2006 from Wolfgang Mewes and Richard Seeger. Seeger and Mewes have documented fascinating case histories where
- from average citizens top talent,
- from fearful suddenly charismatic people,
- from unskilled workers to millionaires
- and small companies have become world market leaders.
The beginning was always a passion. I firmly believe that every person has a unique calling, indeed a purpose.
What is hiding our passion?
If we no longer feel our passion, it's not because we don't have any. It is because,
- that we have forgotten or forgotten to listen to them
- that we have no method of reactivating it
- that the social pressure to adapt has become too great
- that you don't take the time to deal with your visions and dreams
- Stress and depression
José Ortega y Gasset says it a little more dramatically:
“Man always finds a real, authentic one among the various possible I's. The inner voice that calls him to this authentic self is what we call determination ’. However, the majority of people struggle to silence this voice of calling and refuse to listen to it. Instead, they make an internal noise [...] to distract themselves and not hear them; and they deceive themselves by replacing their real self with a false way of life. " The human being and the people, Munich: Deutsche Verlagsanstalt 1958
We humans are such a wonderful species! The most fantastic invention of evolution, our brain, lets us build particle accelerators, compose symphonies, feel love. We humans are creators. Creation is our birthright. We have the freedom to shape our life, to create value and to receive something in return. Everyone is potentially a value creator, an entrepreneur. Benjamin Zander, conductor of the Boston Philharmonic Orchestra, also believes in the best in people:
"My goal is to fully utilize the capacities that people have. I am not satisfied with less. I am making myself the tireless architect of human potential."
Distraction from ourselves: we are all affected
It's dramatic but true: basically everyone is at risk of wasting their most precious resources, namely their talents. Whether sales manager, entrepreneur, consultant or employee - due to the constant irrigation from outside and demands from all sides, there is a great risk that we will move away from ourselves. We allow ourselves to be steered passively from the outside. But creation is always something active. We have to listen to ourselves. Robert Greene writes in his wonderful book “Mastery” (Eng. Title “Perfect”, HANSER 2012):
“You are not tied to any particular position. You are not bound to any career or company. They only serve your life purpose, which you want to express fully. It is up to you to identify and control them. "
7 points how to turn your passion into a job:
- The first step is always directed inwards. You need to experience who you really are and reconnect with that innate power. Robert Greene: "You have an inner strength that would like to lead you to your life's work - that which you are supposed to accomplish in your life. "
- Take stock: are you really happy at work? Only from this possible discrepancy between the actual and ideal image does a positive drive emerge.
- Ask yourself: What would have to happen to make you want to get up in the morning - for the sheer joy of finally being able to start your work? Don't settle for less.
- Take time for yourself. Remember your happiest moments and your greatest achievements. Where were you once completely absorbed in something? What makes your heart beat - and your eyes light up? Go back in your research to your childhood.
- Get inspiration from people and success stories you admire. What you admire in others is usually also a talent in you.
- What do you deeply wish for? Wishes are the harbingers of our abilities.
- Summarize your thoughts in writing. You can only think correctly in writing. Let yourself be helped in this process by authentic people who are convinced of what they are doing.
Everyone has their happiness in their own hands. But very few of them make full use of their professional potential. Work is separate from life. The consequences: lack of perspective, lack of motivation and lack of motivation - in the worst case up to depression. However, if we reconnect with our passion and our innermost destiny, we can lead a full and happy life and turn our job into a calling.
Have we piqued your interest. Further information on the EKS-PC® e-learning course.
- What is the riskiest casino game
- Why is there a war on drugs
- What's the best camera ever
- Which painter painted this painting?
- What do I wear under volleyball shorts
- Compare between animal and plant cells
- What are the positive aspects of you
- What is wall covering
- What is B2B e-commerce
- Can wild cats be domesticated?
- Is a vegan diet good for diabetics
- Who was the sexiest Sith ever
- How do you earn knowledge like money
- Why do we feel shy
- Which is faster light or sound 1
- What are your top five indie games
- What types of CPA marketing are there
- How useful is the Tesla Cybertruck really
- How intelligent was John F. Kennedy
- How can we identify a WordPress blog
- How do WordPress templates work
- Are Ambedkar people anti-Hindu
- Is web content actually stolen content
- What are the cons of the cloud