1GB of RAM is good on iOS
What is the difference between device storage and iCloud storage?
Learn how device storage differs from iCloud storage, how to manage your storage, and where to buy more storage if you need it.
When you buy your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, the device has fixed storage capacities of 16GB to 512GB for iPhone, 16GB to 1TB for iPad, and 8 to 256GB for iPod touch. Music you buy, apps you've downloaded, photos you've taken, and anything else on your device takes up storage space. Depending on the storage capacity and the amount of content you have, your device can run out of storage space after a while.
If your device runs out of memory, you won't be able to add more memory, but you can free some space.
Show available space
- Open "Settings".
- Tap on "General".
- Tap "[Device] Storage".
The amount of device memory you've used is shown at the top.
Free up space on the device
You may now see a list of recommendations for optimizing the device memory and below that a list of the installed apps with an indication of how much memory each one is using. Tap the name of an app for more information about storage space. If you don't see any recommendations, do the following:
Learn more about how to optimize storage on your iOS or iPadOS device.
When you set up iCloud, you automatically get 5 GB of free storage space. You can use this storage space to create a backup of your device and to back up your photos, videos, documents and text messages as well as to keep them up to date on all of your devices. Depending on the size of your backup and the amount of content stored in iCloud, you may not have enough free space. If so, you can free up space by buying more iCloud storage or deleting content.
View available iCloud storage
- Open "Settings".
- Tap on "[your name]".
- Tap iCloud.
The amount of iCloud storage you've used is shown at the top.
- iCloud works with your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, Apple TV, Apple Watch, and on your PC with iCloud for Windows when you sign in with your Apple ID.
- Learn how to back up your device with iCloud or your computer.
- Find out what happens to your iCloud storage when you sign in to Apple One.
- Can you write a poem about risk
- How do the area and extent differ?
- You can share your smiling face pictures
- Have turtles feelings
- Why don't Americans eat Asian carp
- What can someone cook with ginger
- How does TransferWise work
- How do I assess a building
- What is human nature
- What are the branches of data science
- What is your town called
- What do 13-year-old girls think
- Why do whites dominate winter sports?
- What is the best organic protein powder
- Who invented the Vadapav
- Is Taiwan a good travel destination
- What does CLF mean in Python
- What are the tools for Facebook Marketing
- How is the Indian statistical institute doing
- What is paganism and satanism
- Am I anorexic 1
- How many marines die each year
- What is the symbol of the dollar
- What does networking mean in Ansys Fluent