What is chemical process calculation
The classical thermodynamics of simple systems
Applied Statistical Thermodynamics pp 1-21 | Cite as
In the applications of thermodynamics, material properties of fluids play a paramount role. The cycle processes of the energy conversion systems and the process energies converted in them are influenced to a large extent by state variables such as the volume, the enthalpy and the entropy of the working media. In technical thermodynamics [1–6] it is shown how these state variables are included in the process calculation. Process engineering systems are often based on phase and reaction equilibria in mixtures. In chemical thermodynamics, the relevant thermodynamic conditions for such states of equilibrium are generally formulated by thermodynamic functions, in particular the chemical potential [7–12]. All in all, these different aspects of the material behavior of fluid systems are covered by a closed and well-documented network of general equations: the equation framework of classical thermodynamics.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Literature for Chapter 1
- Baehr, H. D .: Thermodynamics. Berlin: Springer-Verlag 1962CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Schmidt, E .; Stephan, K .; Mayinger, F .: Technical Thermodynamics, Vol. 1. Berlin: Springer-Verlag 1975CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Löffler, H. J .: Thermodynamik, Vol. 1. Berlin: Springer-Verlag 1969CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Reynolds, W. C: Thermodynamics. New York: McGraw-Hill 1968Google Scholar
- Lee, J. F .; Sears, R.W .: Thermodynamics. Reading: Addison-Wesley 1963Google Scholar
- Kirillin, V. A .; Sycher, V. V .; Sheindlin, A. E .: Engineering thermodynamics. Moscow: Mir Publishers 1976Google Scholar
- Schmidt, E .; Stephan, K .; Mayinger, F .: Technical Thermodynamics, Vol. 2. Berlin: Springer-Verlag 1977CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Löffler, H. J .: Thermodynamik, Vol. 2. Berlin: Springer-Verlag 1969CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Denbigh, K .: The principles of chemical equilibrium. Oxford: Cambridge University Press 1971Google Scholar
- Bett, K. E .; Rowlinson, J. S .; Saville, G .: Thermodynamics for chemical engineers. London: The Athlone Press 1975Google Scholar
- Lewis, G. N .; Randall, M .; Pitzer, K. S .; Brewer, L .: Thermodynamics. New York: McGraw-Hill 1961Google Scholar
- Smith, J. M .; Van Ness, H. C: Introduction to chemical engineering thermodynamics. New York: McGraw-Hill 1975Google Scholar
- Callen, H. B .: Thermodynamics. New York: Wiley 1960zbMATHGoogle Scholar
- Bender, E .: The calculation of phase equilibria with the thermal equation of state - shown on the pure fluids argon, nitrogen, oxygen and their mixtures. Habilitation thesis, Ruhr University Bochum 1971Google Scholar
- Redlich, O .; Kwong, J. N. S .: Chem. Rev. 44 (1949) 233 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Ameling, W .; Siddiqi, M. A .; Lucas, K .: J. Chem. Eng. Data 28 (1983) 184 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Hanks, R. W .; Gupta, A. C; Christensen, J. J .: Ind. Eng. Chem. Fundam. 10 (1971) 504 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Siddiqi, M. A., Lucas, K .: Fluid Phase Equilibria 16 (1984) 87CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Hildebrand, J. H., Prausnitz, J. M .; Scott, R. L .: Regular and Related Solutions. New York: Van Nostrand Reinhold 1970Google Scholar
- Gmehling, J .; Onken, U .: DECHEMA Chemistry Data Series. Vol. 1, part 1, 2 a and 2 b. Frankfurt: DECHEMA, 1977Google Scholar
- Paz-Andrade, M. J .: Int. Data Series A. A&M University Texas: Thermodynamic research center, 1973Google Scholar
- Diaz-Pena, M .; Menduina, C: J. Chem. Thermodyn. 6 (1974) 1097 Google Scholar
- Fredenslund, D .; Mollerup, J .: Faraday Trans. J. Chem. Soc. 70 (1974) 1653 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Wallis, K. P .; Chancy, P .; Zollweg, J. A .; Streett, W. B .: J. Chem. Thermodyn. 16 (1984) 811 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
Authors and Affiliations
- 1. Department of ThermodynamicsUniversity of DuisburgDuisburg 1Germany
- Why are so few people happy?
- ADHD for Adults ADD On and Off Medicine
- Why do people create freebies
- Why are we born into sin?
- How do I contact the WhatsApp team
- McDonalds workers take home free food
- What is Silvopasture
- How do I register a private company
- How important is chastity to a man
- The information system is very good
- What is the salary of the McKinsey partner
- Are doctors overpaid in the US
- How do mathematicians come to conjectures
- Why is Pakistan not a secular country
- Which probiotics reach the intestines alive?
- How do I find my mentor online
- How can I work online 2
- Which is the most powerful Paramashakti mantra
- What does Discord Nitro do
- Can you record music in prison?
- How can a seller get rich
- What is the main purpose of the SBA
- What was the best excuse you made
- What did Sigmund Freud do completely wrong?