What do you mean by internet marketing
In 6 steps to a successful online marketing concept
1. Objective of the concept
Before you one Develop an online marketing conceptThat should be clear to you what you mean by your concept want to achieve. Even if you use the Increase your company's sales want, this does not have to be the same Goal of your online marketing concept represent. Depending on what you do for a company, different goals may come into question for you.
- If you own an online store, you probably want yours Product salesincrease.
- If you are a service provider such as a hairdresser, you might want to use the conceptmore phone calls or online appointments receive.
- For B2B companies or high-priced products with a longer sales process, this could be Lead generation be interesting as a goal setting.
Set your goal from the start, as the whole concept will be based on that.
2. Target group analysis and definition
While developing yourOnline Marketing Concept it is necessary to his target group to know - especially for channel selection and content creation. For example, the high level of use of young social networks is relevant for Generation Z. For example, you shouldn't prioritize the Instagram channel if your target audience is 60+.
At this step you should get your Target group analysis align with your previously defined goal.
- For example, do you have a lot of younger Facebook followers, but actual customers are only over 50? If your goal is the Sales of products in this case you should focus on the older target group.
- Is your goal among younger users Brand awareness To awaken, your focus should be on the younger audience.
So it depends on what you're doing with that Online Marketing Concept want to achieve. If you have several target groups (for example with different products), you can also define several target groups. It is important that you do not lose sight of your goal.
Different approaches are suitable for a target group analysis.
- Would you like the Boost sales in your online shop, you can use the Google Analytics tool to view the demographic data of your online customers.
- Do you want toBrand awareness Strengthening on social media channels, a target group analysis via your social media insights can help.
- A look into your own CRM can also be useful if the target group you want to address with your goal is there.
- Especially in B2B companies, your own sales staff can often say a lot about the target group.
A look at different sources can provide a holistic insight and identify similarities or differences. This is a great way to find out, for example, whether your Instagram followers are your typical buyers too.
Each company has to determine the relevant criteria for defining target groups individually. Demographic data such as age and gender are often chosen, as well as socio-economic data such as income and occupation. For a beauty manufacturer, for example, it probably makes less sense to define the job position for the target group, while this is probably more relevant for a B2B company.
It is best to think about the relevant criteria for you before starting the target group analysis.
After completing your target group analysis, define the Needs of the target groupthat can be satisfied with your product.
- What problem does your product or service solve?
- Why should the target group become your customer and not choose another provider?
When you have finished defining the audience, create 1-3 Personas. These should represent your typical customers, so that you can better put yourself in the shoes of your customers. You can find out how to develop a persona for your company in this post.
3. Competitor analysis & positioning
In this step, analyze the Concept development the presence of yourcompetitor on the Internet.
- On which channels are other providers present?
- How do you position yourself?
- What content do you use?
- How do you communicate with your target group?
Answering these questions will help you develop your own positioning. If your competitors are active on Instagram and Facebook, your target audience will likely be there too. Conversely, this does not have to mean that your target group is not on those channels on which your competition is not previously present. A pristine canal can create significant advantages and lead to a previously undiscovered potential for head start.
For theCompetitor analysis should you get the Channel presence Compare your own company with those of your competitors in order to identify potential potential.
- On which channels do you have a lead over your competition?
- Which channels should you be more present on?
Create a table for the analysis in which you can insert follower numbers, activities or ratings, among other things.
In addition to a quantitative analysis, you can also use the Content and communication with the target group examine.
- For example, do other providers use a newsletter to send out voucher and discount campaigns?
- Does the competition put product promotion in the foreground or are some channels, for example, only used for employer branding purposes?
This analysis can help you understand your own positioning define,to either your Catching up with competitors or setting yourself apart from them. No specific channel selection has yet to be made - the Competitor analysis but can already indicate a direction.
4. The customer journey
Now you should get your Assets list yours for your Online Marketing Concept be available. With Assets means all content that you use to communicate with your target group:
- Blog posts on the website
- E-books (for lead generation)
- Checklists for download
In the next step, you should analyze which assets are used at which point in your sales funnel:
- With what content and Touchpoints is a potential customer coming into contact with your company for the first time?
- On which channel does he convert to the buyer?
- What content is necessary to finally convince him?
Only in the rarest of cases will a customer read your Facebook post and then buy your product directly. Think of your customer's buying process as a journey. It is very likely that he will have to come into contact with your brand on several channels with different content before the final purchase.
To illustrate this process, the Customer journey. This represents the phases, content and channels of the buying process of your typical customer. Even if you are with your Online Marketing Concept for example Lead generation you should still illustrate the entire buying process once.
Each Customer journey looks different - higher-priced products tend to have a longer buying process and require several per phase Points of contact with the company. The current phase of the customer as well as the length of the phases can never be traced 100%. A customer can also skip a phase. Nevertheless, the customer journey gives an indication of the current position of the customer in their buying process. For example, if he signs up for a newsletter, it can be assumed that he has already come into contact with the company.
Knowing about the current position of the customer in their buying process is very helpful for using the right marketing tools. When developing, put yourself in your defined persona and consider where it would come into contact with which content. TheseDevelopment of the customer journey is a continuous process and should be carried out on a regular basis.
As an agency, we like to use the following customer journey with 5 phases for our customers:
1. Awareness: The potential customer becomes aware of the product.
2. Leads: The prospect becomes a lead by leaving their contact details.
3. Consideration: The potential customer is considering buying the product.
4. Sales: The potential customer becomes the buyer.
5. Post-purchase: The buyer becomes a cross-buyer, re-buyer or advocate.
5. Prioritization of the channels
Operating different channels takes time. Therefore, there should be a strategy behind every channel for success. For the right channel selection different criteria are suitable, for example:
- Push and / or pull marketing: For example, if you have a locksmith, an advertisement for your services will not help anyone. You only look for a locksmith when you need it! Here, Google Ads would be more suitable than a Facebook advertisement. A combination of push and pull marketing can also be suitable. Companies often use push marketing in the upper funnel and pull marketing in the lower funnel.
- Assets: For example, if you have a lot of text in your possession, a blog might be a suitable place to publish your content Traffic to the website bring to. If you have a lot of pictures and videos, Facebook and Instagram can be interesting. For example, PDFs can be uploaded to LinkedIn. Nowadays, a newsletter is always an effective channel for publishing exciting content.
- target group: Which channels is your target group on? Unfortunately, a PDF on LinkedIn is of no use to you if you are selling products for 16 year olds.
Try to get started on 1-3 channels to be specified. You can add additional channels step by step, should this make sense for you. In addition to the common platforms such as Facebook and Google, you will find in our know-how article: 7 alternative marketing platforms, a list of possible channels.
6. Content strategy
After you are certainChannels set you need one Content strategy. Here it depends on you organic content publish or paid advertising want to switch.
- Content strategy for organic content: The goal, target group and channels are already set. For organic content, you should create an editorial plan including texts, images and videos. Define subject areas, posting frequency and time periods. You should also calculate the time it will take to maintain the channels and the resources required for implementation.
- Content strategy for paid advertising:The goal, target group and channels have already been determined here as well. Create suitable assets for application on the prioritized channels. Depending on the channel, this can be, for example, a landing page, a blog post, photos, videos or texts. Orientate yourself to the selection of assets on your customer journey. With remarketing you can lead the potential customer further and further into the next phase and accompany them through to the purchase. It is best to provide yours as wellSales funnels on to concreteMarketing tasks to be defined within the individual levels. The following graphic shows a linear funnel. The AARRR and the RARRA Framework are among the best known. The advantages of circular models can be found in our article Are Growth Loops the New Funnels ?.
Also, think about both strategies relevant KPIs to measure your success and introduce you continuous monitoring by.
The Development of an online marketing concept can play a supporting role for companies, its ownPositioning on the Internet to find. Working without a plan can be very depressing and unnecessary costs without a sense of achievement. A concept can help to define suitable assets, channels and target groups and thus to strengthen your own online presence - without losing sight of the goal.
Good luck with Developing an online marketing concept for your company!
Do you have any more Tips or approaches for the Development of an online marketing concept?Then we look forward to further suggestions in the comment field!
- How good is Rutger's computer science program
- Did Einstein prove a 4th dimension of space
- What are the uses of ginger
- How do I start a crypto currency project
- Is the mandate of gun liability insurance constitutional
- The Harvards Stat 210 course is available online
- What is the definition of marketable skills
- What is the programming behind micropayments
- Which is the oldest temple in Karnataka
- Which payment processor accepts a dropshipping business?
- Would you go out with a disabled man
- How often does the average girl squirt
- What's your biggest sucking money
- Why are people so obsessed with wealth
- What makes a steak a steak
- Why did the Romans not have glass windows?
- Can Owen Smith save the Labor Party?
- How does Teespring make money
- Deletes the reinstallation of WordPress content
- What is your favorite guardian dog breed
- Which IT company sends its employees abroad?
- Is Donald Trump a good politician
- Considered an elite institution at UC Berkeley
- Where can I buy FASTags in Chennai