What are the benefits of food security
Our food, our future
Benefits of organic farming
Organic farming supports a system in which not companies, but Farmers and consumers are in charge. You decide how and what to eat and produce. The production and distribution of food is fair and protects biodiversity.
Secure income and rural development
Organic agriculture can - provided it is adequately supported by politics - be an effective instrument to attract smallholders sustainable economic benefits To provide. It thereby strengthens rural communities and enables farmers to earn a secure and worthwhile income.
Stable yields and efficient use
Only with ecologically sustainable methods can sufficient food be produced and natural resources conserved at the same time. Especially in regions where yields are very low due to poverty, lack of access to means of production, degraded soils or inefficient use of water, organic farming is often the only way to stable and high yields to achieve.
75% of today's food production is based on just 12 plant and 5 animal species. Diversity plays an important role in organic farming. Biodiversity is protected and used. Organic agriculture ensures a variety of food and thus a balanced and healthy diet.
Healthy soils and clean, available water
Organic farming increases and maintains soil fertility without the use of chemicals. Soils are protected from erosion, pollution and acidification. The humus content and water retention capacity also increase. The degradation of agricultural land is prevented - this is currently a central problem in industrially operated agriculture.
Ecological control of pests
Organic farming enables farmers to work in their Pest and weed control without expensive chemical pesticides get along. This is all the more important as the use of poison poses a risk to soil, water, ecosystems and the health of users and consumers. A large number of ecological measures, which focus on biodiversity, make it possible to dispense with chemicals. Beneficial insects are encouraged - they ensure natural pest control and also do valuable pollination work.
Resilience of production systems to climate change
Organic farming can turn out to be better adapt to the effects of climate change. Here, too, the focus is on biodiversity. Fields on which different types of trees and crops are grown are more resistant to extreme weather events. Healthy soils can hold more water and therefore protect against drought and erosion. In addition, ecological agriculture produces fewer gases that are harmful to the climate and thus counteracts climate change.
- Would you eat dog meat
- Which chemical element has the symbol Uno?
- Are polyamorous relationships healthier
- Has a stingray ever attacked you
- How many countries are still dependent
- What is a solstice
- What are some common myths about HIV
- What is AD 1
- Are there really prisons for the rich?
- How do I win at Mahjong
- What to Avoid in Vegas
- What's the best beef steak
- Is Finland a real country
- How is advanced math
- Is the electoral college flawed
- What is music production
- Why do we celebrate holidays
- Why do US states allow early voting?
- Where should I post affiliate marketing links
- Why does Sweden not have a bail
- Drinking hot water causes heaps
- Was Kris Kristofferson in the military
- What are the disadvantages of the cloud architecture
- How does space smell
- Shopify dropshipping is no longer feasible
- Who are the most passionate people
- How can I keep smiling
- What is four-dimensional space-time
- What is the zen view of death
- North Korea has banned and confiscated weapons
- Could Doctor Strange beat a Sith lord
- Does requesting a response from Quora work?
- Which company makes the best scented candle
- How good is education for us