Canadians eat peanuts
Homemade healthy peanut butter (peanut butter)
Peanut butter or peanut butter or peanut cream is a healthy and protein-rich ingredient for dips and sauces or a delicious and nutritious spread.
Of course, peanut butter comes from the USA, where there is even a Peanut Butter Day. However, it was originally introduced into American cuisine by the African slaves from the colonies.
The peanut is also firmly rooted in Asian cuisine, especially known in the famous satay sauce.
However, the peanut butter was patented by an English Canadian chemist who mixed it with sugar and intended it to be high-energy food for people who could not chew.
I'm addicted to peanut butter, but there are huge differences in the quality of peanut butter. The typical American peanut butter is usually mixed with palm oil or other hydrogenated fats, salt and sugar as well as emulsifiers and preservatives and has therefore come under disrepute for being unhealthy and unethical.
Pure peanut butter or peanut butter made from 100% peanuts is very healthy, however, because peanuts contain many healthy ingredients and are a great source of protein for vegetarians and vegans.
So if you want to use healthy peanut butter, then look carefully at the ingredients and only buy those that are made from 100% peanuts. Salted peanut butter also usually contains far too much salt, mostly cheap industrial salt.
Like any other nut butter - you can also find recipes for almond butter, coconut butter and tiger nut butter or chestnut butter on my blog - you can of course also easily make peanut butter yourself.
All you need is a high-performance mixer and raw peanuts. I would always recommend organic peanuts, because conventional peanuts are always suspected to come from genetically modified seeds.
Whether you process the peanuts raw or roasted is a matter of taste. With raw peanuts, however, there is always the risk of contamination by alflatoxins, which are caused by mold formation. Therefore, it is essential to ensure good and tested quality. Most of the commercially available peanuts are roasted.
Peanuts are healthy
Peanuts consist of 25% protein and also contain B vitamins, vitamins E and magnesium. They are healthiest when they are eaten with the red skin, because then they also contain valuable OPC antioxidants, which above all protect the blood vessels.
Peanuts lower the cholesterol level and have a positive influence on the triglyceride values (blood fat values) and thus lower the risk of thrombosis, arteriosclerosis, strokes and heart attacks.
I leave about half of the skins for the peanut butter. The more skins you use, the nuttier and more aromatic the result will be. But that too is a matter of taste. Just try it out.
The recipe for the homemade peanut butter
Ingredients for the peanut butter
(Makes a small jam jar)
- 350 g raw peanuts, peeled
- optional: peanut oil, salt, maple syrup or jaggery (palm syrup)
Preparing the peanut butter
- If you want to process the roasted peanuts, then roast the peeled peanuts on a baking sheet at 180 degrees C in the oven for 8-10 minutes until they get a shiny structure and are best processed directly, because the warmer the peanuts, the easier it is to leave process them into puree. If you want to process the peanuts in raw food quality, then you can simply skip this step.
- Put the peanuts, with or without skin, in a high-performance mixer. I use about half of the red skins to get a tastier and healthier result. The more skins you work with, the more intense and nutty the result will be.
- Grind the peanuts in the high-performance medium for about 1 minute on the highest setting to fine flour.
- Use the scraper to scrape the peanut flour from the side walls and blend the peanuts again for approx. 1 minute. After that, the peanuts should be a thick paste emergency. Scrape the paste off the side walls again.
- After a further minute on the highest setting, the oil comes out of the nuts and the butter becomes a little more liquid and oily. Now you can continue to fade until the peanut butter has reached the desired consistency, depending on whether you want it to be crunchier or creamier. Every now and then, scrape the butter off the side walls.
- If you want the peanut to be thinner, you can also add some peanut oil.
- For the typical American peanut butter, you can add a pinch of salt and maple syrup or palm sugar (jaggery). The jaggery gives the butter a caramel taste. I leave mine pure from 100% peanuts.
- Scrape the peanut butter out of the blender and pour it into a glass with a screw cap. Store in a cool, dry place in the kitchen cupboard, not in the refrigerator, and use within 3-4 months.
- You can also prepare peanut milk from the peanut butter leftovers in a blender.
Healthy peanut milk - homemade
- To prepare peanut milk, pour approx. 200 ml of water into the mixer and mix for another minute on the highest level. So you can get the most out of the peanut butter production.
- Otherwise, mix 1 tbsp peanut butter with 200 ml water for 1 minute at the highest level.
- Then press the peanut milk through a nut sieve and pour the milk into a glass with a screw cap and store in the refrigerator. The milk can be kept in the refrigerator for around 3-4 days.
- The peanut milk tastes great in snoothies, muesli or porridge.
- What are the biggest misunderstandings about Obamacare
- How will climate change affect Las Vegas
- Is there a Quora development blog
- How do you record music
- Why do I hate technology so much
- Is Maggi Junk Food
- May bring together harm harm content
- Are Hispanics racist towards Asians
- Which area pays off better for geography or geology
- The average student can become a doctor
- Clap the law
- What are some examples of particle physics
- How dangerous are dolphins
- Goat meat is harmful to health
- Has loneliness ever taught you anything?
- Everything has a purpose
- How long can a NUC PC run
- How is the prison in Disneylands
- The ENOVIA tool has Java programming
- Which alcohol has less fat
- What kind of grapes do you like
- Is it true that masturbation lowers your IQ?
- Which is the best software magazine
- Can an atheist be spiritual
- What medical term without symptoms means
- Is Narendra Modi a mass murderer 1
- What are the benefits of mobile learning
- Can a twink be a top
- WealthFront works with accounts outside the US
- Eat vegetarian eggs
- How are you going to fake others
- Where can I get speakers in Singapore
- Who's the poorest man here