It takes months to lose weight
How Much Weight Can You Lose in a Month?
To answer this question, the weight you want to lose must first be defined more precisely. Because from a health point of view there is a big difference whether you are losing weight in the form of fat, water, or even muscle mass. For example, you can lose two liters or more within an hour through sweat loss during training. That makes two kilos less on the scales, but on the one hand it is not beneficial to health and on the other hand the kilos are back on as soon as you compensate for the water loss with sufficient fluid.
There are also diet forms such as the ketogenic diet, which by omitting carbohydrates leads to a depletion of glycogen stores in the body. Since glycogen binds a lot of water, you lose weight quickly on a keto diet, but a large part of it is water. As soon as carbohydrates are eaten again, the body stores more glycogen again along with water. A loss of water is - apart from pathological water retention - never desirable.
Loss of muscle mass is also less than desirable. With strict fasting or a low-protein diet, muscle wasting occurs quickly because muscles burn a lot of energy, which the body wants to save during times of hunger. On the other hand, it can "burn" muscle cells in order to use them as energy. Since this path is easier than breaking down and burning fat cells, the muscles must first believe in it when it comes to starvation metabolism. In the long term, the loss of muscle mass in turn leads to weight gain, as the basal metabolic rate drops significantly as a result of muscle wasting.
The question should therefore be how much body fat you can lose in a certain amount of time.
How Much Fat Can You Lose in a Month?
This is how you lose half a kilo of fat a week
A common rule of thumb is that 3500 kcal rule: To a half a kilo body weight To lose, you have to eat 3500 fewer calories a week. So you would have to 500 fewer calories a day consume than one consumed to lose a pound of weight. This rule is very simple and practical - but is it also true? The rule is based on the assumption that one kilogram of body fat contains around 7000 calories. However, a study published in the journal Nature showed that the 3500 kcal rule is not exactly correct. Accordingly, the participants in weight loss programs lost less fat than the calorie deficit would suggest. However, the differences were relatively small - at least within the first three months. The more the subjects lost weight, the less the continuous weight loss became.
The maximum possible fat loss per month
The 3500 calorie rule is still useful as a rough guide, despite slight deviations. Then logically would have to 7,000 fewer calories per week to shed one kilogram of fat to lead. In practice, however, this is not that easy. It is true that one kilogram of body fat consists of around 7,000 calories. However, most people with a calorie deficit of 1000 calories per day are already starving. With an average daily calorie requirement of around 2000 calories, an intake of just 1000 calories causes the body to switch to economy mode and try to save fat. Instead, lean body mass is burned in the form of muscle - not a good thing.
What is the maximum healthy way to lose weight in a month? In order to avoid starvation metabolism and negative health consequences, that should Calorie deficit at most about 20 percent of the daily calorie requirement be. For a 60-pound woman who needs 1,800 calories a day, that would be 360 calories. The calorie intake of the 60-pound woman should not be less than 1440 calories per day. This would result in a weekly deficit of 2,520 calories, which corresponds to a fat loss of 360 grams. That would be a healthy loss of 1.5 kilograms of pure body fat per month.
Also interesting: That happens with only 500 calories a day >>
Factors influencing the maximum possible weight loss
How much someone can lose weight in a healthy way within a certain period of time also depends on the initial situation of the respective person. Influencing factors that determine how quickly and how much weight you can lose as a maximum are:
- Starting weight: Anyone who is severely overweight can lose weight faster and more with the right lifestyle change than a person who has already reached their optimal weight.
- Age: For hormonal reasons, a higher basal metabolic rate and a tendency towards more physical activity, younger people find it easier to lose weight than older people.
- Gender: Since women have less muscle mass on average and, due to hormonal and evolutionary reasons, store fat more easily than men, men tend to lose weight more easily.
- Basal metabolic rate: The basic calorie consumption to maintain all body functions depends on body type, age, gender, body weight and muscle mass. A 20-year-old 75-pound man with thick muscles has a significantly higher basal metabolic rate than a 50-year-old 50-pound woman with a low percentage of muscles.
- Type and duration of the weekly training: The combination of strength training to build muscle and high-intensity interval training to burn calories is best suited for both short-term and long-term body fat loss.
- Nutrition: Calories serve as a good guide for weight loss or gain. However, there are - regardless of the amount of calories - certain foods that lead to the storage of fat and those that stimulate fat burning.
- Can gravitational waves be bent by massive objects
- Is Maui a good place to live
- Where can I donate leftover food
- How do you celebrate Christmas Day
- What is the worst question about the interview?
- Backward knees are more efficient
- What are the disadvantages of multiculturalism
- What do you mean by internet marketing
- How do neutrino detectors work
- Why does poop taste bad
- Could Ethiopia invade Eritrea and conquer it 1
- What are some cheap cryptocurrencies to buy
- Goat meat is harmful to health
- How many Americans work in China
- Are white Mexicans racist against Mexican Americans
- Why should i use email marketing
- How do refugees contribute to the economy
- What Are Some Good Fixed Income Investments
- Look Malaysians Asian
- Why do drop shipping companies fail
- How is the air temperature measured
- How hackers mirror
- You should eat 1 snack or 2
- What is a DevOps role