Which is greater than 25 or 50
Greater and lesser - relation signs
Which number is greater: 11 or 21?
Clearly! The 11 is considerably further to the left compared to the 21. You then either say that the 11 is smaller than the 21 or that the 21 is larger than the 11. It is then written like this:
11 <21 spoken: the eleven is smaller than the twenty-one
21> 11 spoken: the twenty-one is greater than the eleven
But there is also the case where you specify a range that is greater than a number or that is greater than and equal to a number.
Example: A parent sends their child to go shopping. He or she is supposed to buy a piece of bread (referred to as B in the following text), but the parent only knows that it is definitely more expensive than € 2.00, but that it will not exceed € 5.00:
B> € 2.00 B is greater than 2
B <5.00 € B is less than 5
You can also write it in one line, the smallest all the way to the left, the largest all the way to the right:
This time the parent knows the price of the bread. It costs € 3.00. It in turn sends its child to buy bread. This time, however, if there is, he should also bring spreads. The child will therefore pay at least € 3.00 in the grocery store, maybe more. P is the total price. That means either it costs exactly € 3.00 if there is no spread or more, if one is available.
P = € 3.00 P equals 3
P> 3.00 € P is greater than 3
There is a symbol for less than or equal to and greater than or equal to:
P is at least 3 or alternatively: P is greater than or equal to 3
3 is the smallest possible for P or alternatively: 3 is less than or equal to P.
If everything costs a maximum of € 6.00 and a minimum of € 3.00, it looks like this:
P at least 3 but at most 6 or alternatively: 3 is less than or equal to P less than or equal to 6
- What are some examples of ethical issues
- How Netflix Amazon Prime selects their content
- What is gritstone in climbing
- Dimensions of the universe
- What is grown in Hawaii
- Where can a data scientist work
- Can you write a poem about risk
- How did CPS hurt your family
- How old is mecca
- What is the cure for gynecomastia
- How do you study intellectual property
- What does geology
- Are there Algerians who work for NASA?
- Which disease kills most women
- Engineers are just as smart as physicists
- What's the best free dropshipping guide
- What do Sirius Black's tattoos mean
- How do the area and extent differ?
- How does cigarette smoke smell
- Is there fiber in cotton
- Is Eminem a good person
- Hiring TCS freshmen
- Have you ever given a webinar?
- What are the cons of junk food