Which state has the most murders?
The 50 most dangerous cities in the world
By Morgane Llanque | March 15, 2019, 1:37 p.m.
An independent Mexican organization has determined the 50 most dangerous cities in the world based on the murder rate (number of murders per 100,000 inhabitants). Terrifying: 42 of them are in Latin America.
According to a study by the non-governmental organization “Seguridad, Justicia y Paz” (currently “Security, Justice and Peace”), the Mexican border town of Tijuana is the most dangerous city in the world. According to a report by the NGO, the homicide rate is currently at a shocking 138.8 per 100,000 inhabitants.
In the top ten only cities in South America
For comparison: According to "Süddeutsche", which refers to figures from the Federal Statistical Office, there were only 0.25 homicides per 100,000 inhabitants in Germany in 2015. In general, the top ten most dangerous cities in the world include only those from South America - after Tijuana is Acapulco (also Mexico, 110.5), followed by the Venezuelan capital Caracas (100) in third place.
Only large cities with at least 300,000 inhabitants were examined. In addition, they should not be located within a war zone. The study was set up in order to “put the rulers under pressure to protect their citizens”, write the authors of the report. Because no city in the world wants to appear in this ranking. So hopefully those responsible would do everything to get out of it again soon. One difficulty was the lack of transparency on the part of the authorities when it came to such data, and so the authors openly admit that some of the figures are based on estimates.
Los Cabos: Last year it was in first place, not in the ranking in 2019
A city that was still in first place in the 2018 ranking will no longer be among the 50 most dangerous cities in the world in 2019: Los Cabos. The reason: According to the study, the high murder rate was due to a gang war. After that, a criminal organization prevailed. In addition to Los Cabos, Porto Alegre, Campina Grande and Vitória (all in Brazil) as well as La Paz and Mazatlán (Mexico) and Cúcuta (Colombia) are no longer represented in the ranking.
Within the first ten places are five cities from Mexico (Tijuana, Acapulco, Ciudad Victoria, Ciudad Juárez, Irapuato), two from Brazil (Fortaleza, Natal) and three from Venezuela (Caracas, Ciudad Bolívar, Ciudad Guayana).
Also interesting: Travel Risk Map: The Most Dangerous Countries 2019
Latin America is still the most dangerous region in the world
While Europe is not represented at all in the ranking, Mexico and Brazil make a total of 15 and 14 mentions, respectively, within the 50 cities examined. In Tijuana, now probably the most dangerous city in the world, crime by gangs and drug cartels as well as the crime associated with intoxicants are the cause of the dubious top position. The city is also an important hub for immigrants on their way to the USA. Those who fail to do so often end up in the clutches of cartels or human traffickers. The Federal Foreign Office also explicitly warns against visits to Tijuana, Acapulco and other Mexican cities and regions.
USA represented four times
The USA is represented a total of four times in the ranking, namely with St. Louis, Baltimore, Detroit and New Orleans.
Only four cities are not to be found on the American double continent. And among them are three metropolises in South Africa, where violence is mainly concentrated in the townships: Cape Town, Durban and the metropolitan area of Nelson Mandela Bay. The fourth city, Kingston, is on the island of Jamaica.
The 50 cities with the highest murder rate in the world
- How do micro payment systems work
- Have you ever held a loaded gun?
- Why are management consulting firms so secret
- Are questions too often brought together on Quora?
- Which is the best lead management software
- What do breeding pigs eat
- Graduation is necessary for politicians
- What kind of New York street is that
- America has guns
- How to calculate stress in physics
- What are some of the dirtiest sex encounters
- Are cookies from the food industry profitable
- What are the most popular hosting plans
- What are superficial muscles
- Which Asian country has the best food
- Is Roku or Chromecast better
- Why do most men ejaculate
- Does requesting a response from Quora work?
- Why is a 1980 nickel worth money
- Why don't aircraft carriers tip over?
- The dropshipping model dies
- Why is Maruchan bad for you
- Is the minimum wage fair
- How do I reset my modem
- What are some examples of cleaning chemicals
- How many meters are 450 meters
- What is a 47 meter
- How do I change my WordPress directory
- How Indian employees are treated in Malaysia
- What is a good SMS API gateway
- How is the prison in Disneylands
- How are casino dice made
- How do you fish for SEO clients
- Why do cows breathe in and out oxygen