What do Turks think of Myanmar?
Entry requirements Myanmar
Visa requirements for foreign travelers in Myanmar (Burma, Burma)
Germans, Swiss, Austrians, Turks and all other foreigners need a passport and a visa that is valid for at least 6 months after the traveler to enter Myanmar - also known as Burma or Burma. This regulation applies regardless of the purpose of the trip and the duration of the trip, i. H. also for transit stays. However, there are different types of visas.
The issuing of a tourist visa by the embassy or the immigration office of Burma is tied to the condition that visitors stay in a state-registered accommodation (hotel, guest house, etc.).
Visa application: application channels
There are three known application routes for Myanmar, but they are restrictions to note:
- Visa application before departure at the Embassy of Myanmar
- Online application on the website of the Myanmar immigration authority (e-Visa)
- Visa on Arrival
Visas on arrival are NOT available to tourists
An arrival visa is only available to citizens of a limited number of countries and does not apply to tourist travel plans. In addition, only air travelers arriving at Yangon International Airport have the option to apply for an entry permit on site. The application forms are to be downloaded in advance from the website of the embassy or the immigration authorities. All necessary documents such as passport photos, letters of invitation etc. must be carried with you.
In principle, it is advisable to obtain a visa before departure, regardless of whether you intend to travel. If documents are missing or problems arise in the application process, there is a risk that border officials will refuse entry to unauthorized people. The immigration authorities have the option of sending travelers back on the next flight if, in their discretion, they do not meet Myanmar's entry requirements.
e-Visa ONLY for tourists of certain origin
Electronic visa issuance is only available to tourist visitors from 100 countries, including Germany, Austria and Switzerland. This online service is not available for business visas, transit visas or any other visa categories.
Traveling by land: cross-border travel and safety information
The Republic of the Union of Myanmar in Southeast Asia borders Thailand, Laos, China, India, Bangladesh and the Bay of Bengal, a marginal sea of the Indian Ocean. When entering by land, travel restrictions for border areas must be observed. For example, the border crossings "Muse (Shan State) - Ruili (China)" and "Tamu (Chin State) - Morei (India)" are not open to tourists, only to trade. State exemptions are at least 14 days in advance At some border crossing stations in neighboring countries, such as Kaw Thoung (Thantharyi) - Ranong (southern Thailand), temporary closings are possible.
On the website of the Federal Foreign Office you will find information on the entry requirements of Myanmar as well as current travel warnings. Official contact persons for questions about the destination Burma are also the diplomatic missions abroad.
Entry requirements for Germans entering via Bangkok, Thailand
Not only backpacking tourists like to choose the route via Bangkok to Myanmar. If you are in Bangkok, do not yet have a visa and are planning to fly to Myanmar via the capital of Thailand, the Myanmar embassy in Bangkok is the point of contact for your visa application. As far as we know, you need sufficient cash, your passport in original and in copy, 2 passport photos, the completed and signed application forms and valid flight tickets.
Express processing is possible within one day for an increased fee. The embassy opens Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. Visas can be picked up around 3:30 p.m. Long waiting times are to be expected. The representation remains closed on weekends and public holidays.
In order to avoid risks, it is advisable to apply for a visa - even if you are flying via Bangkok - for shorter trips in Germany or before you start your journey. If you choose an appropriate application time, in the case of the tourist visa, for example, you have 90 days from the date of issue to enter Myanmar. The visa validities do not correspond to the length of stay, so travel planning is relatively flexible.
We will be happy to advise you and keep you up to date on changes to the visa procedures or entry requirements of Myanmar.
- How are tariffs charged
- Was Julius Caesar overrated
- Treat yourself to mental health days
- When was the University of Chicago founded?
- What are the working hours in Singapore
- What is friendship with your friends
- Why does nobody eat ketchup with chicken?
- What unique perspective do you have
- What is a cool whatsapp status
- Can you die if you eat mushrooms
- God forgives repeated sins
- How far is 50 km to miles
- Does Starbucks really have a secret menu
- How does natural selection generate suicidal impulses?
- Which product do you often buy online
- How do I get rid of diabetes
- Is a blind sample a probability sample
- North Korea has banned and confiscated weapons
- How can a magnetic field be strengthened?
- How many oceans surround Australia
- What is 1 TMC
- Shenanigans is a bad word
- How does nicotine increase your metabolism
- What is haute couture
- 1 amu is the same
- How do you plan a backpacking trip
- Filipinos are East Asians
- What happens with severe constipation
- What are some really good diet foods
- Pornstars get AIDS
- Why is dark energy a repulsive force
- Why does my daughter hate me
- What is more important patriotism or nationalism