If you are actively anti-social, why not?
comment: The turn from anti-social to social
Whether in school, at work or in private - exclusion is part of our social interaction. Or better said: anti-social togetherness. Bullying is a particularly blatant example of deliberate social exclusion. It is also used as a disciplinary measure. In this way, unpleasant or uncooperative people should be deliberately put in their place by excluding them. Researchers at the University of Zurich have now discovered that this does not always happen. Social exclusion is often an unintended side effect. This arises when people come together who have already had positive experiences as a group in previous situations, i.e. were able to work well together in a team.
"The tendency to repeat what works well is a basic aspect of human psychology. It makes us stick to a satisfactory group composition," explains Björn Lindström. Cliques in school classes often last for years. However, it sometimes takes just as long before we realize that the colleague a few offices down is actually very personable.
The knowledge of the scientists holds an opportunity. Namely, to recognize exclusion tendencies and to act in good time. Whether it is our own doing or we are observers of group dynamics. Action can turn the tide from anti-social to social very quickly.
- How does Donald Trump not pay taxes
- Have you ever avoided saying goodbye why
- Why do my family members underestimate me
- Random results can be predicted
- How does a first kiss feel
- The country code is 974
- Would you visit a nudist beach
- Why is Jethro Tull considered a heavy metal
- Which animal has the strangest skeletal skull?
- What is an outside wall
- What use is a condom
- Schools should be gamified
- What are the leadership qualities for managers
- Quora takes personal attack reports seriously
- Which fruits are good for diabetics
- What is the fastest operating system
- Why did Jesus cry
- INFP men are considered creepy
- How powerful are bricklayers
- Was there ever life on Venus
- How does Flakka smell when you smoke
- Poodles are the smartest breed
- What are some rules in prison
- Why was Uber banned in Germany