How do you describe an INFJ girl

INFJ - the rarest personality type according to Carl Gustav Jung

Last update: January 31, 2018

The INFJ personality unites the psychological characteristics of introversion (IN), intuition (IN), empathy (feeling - F) and judgment (J) in a unique way. INFJ is the personality that, according to Carl Gustav Jung, is only represented by 1% of society.

This personality is idealistic, calm, steadfast in values, very sensitive but confident and always looking to improve the lives of others. If you haven't heard of this personality type, it's hard to find a book about them. There are also many articles that describe the essential characteristics of this personality.

INFJs are all the rage in Europe right now. While at first glance it might seem like a very sensitive personality, that's not true.

"One does not find enlightenment by imagining figures of light, but by becoming aware of the darkness."

Carl Gustav Jung

To understand the INFJ type a little better, we should go back to its origin. The INFJ is part of the classification on which the Myers-Briggs-Type indicator is based. This is a personality test designed to identify personal preferences. This test builds on the personality types according to Carl Gustav Jung as he worked them out during his clinical work.

Nowadays, this indicator is mainly used in group dynamics and personal growth tests. However, we should add that many scientists have doubts about its credibility. Carl Gustav Jung's work on personality types remains interesting for us.

After reading this article, form your own opinion!

The INFJ personality - or "the lawyer"

Among all the Myers-Briggs personalities, the INFJ type stands out as the rarest and most unique. The Myers-Briggs test is a psychological test that is much loved and much hated. With the help of its four scales, for example, we can determine how we see the world, how we process our surroundings and how we relate to others. For example, it helps students get to know each other and enables them to make more informed decisions about their academic and professional future.

The test recognizes eight extroverted and eight introverted personality types, the INFJ personality is one of the latter. These are their characteristics:

Geared towards helping others

The INFJ personality is of the "lawyer type" for the following reasons:

  • People with this personality are idealistic and have a keen sense of what is right and wrong.
  • They are guided by their values ​​and beliefs.
  • One of their clearest goals is to help others.
  • However do not limit yourself to "saving" others, because the INFJ personality has the ability to inspire, helping others improve, develop, and become people who no longer need to be saved.

INFJs can easily relate to others while remaining themselves

This guy has a special ability to build relationships. INFJs know how to make friends and keep them; they radiate warmth, are friendly and at the same time good and easy conversation partners.

Seen from the outside, they may appear extroverted. However, INFJs control the time they devote to their social behavior very well and limit it for one simple reason: By nature they are introverted and need time for themselves to recharge their energy reserves.

They are active dreamers

INFJs are tireless dreamers. However, their dreams are not just wishful thinking like those of the passive dreamers, whose idealism is so fragile and fragile that the wind can blow it away. But on the contrary: This personality has a natural need to contribute to society and to dream while awake in order to act with conviction and determination.

At work, these people always show independence, are goal-oriented, very creative and act with a high degree of intuition. Plus, they like both art and science.

They can be exhausted by enthusiasm and idealism

INFJs only have one problem: society. In a world full of inequality, closed doors and walls that have to be overcome every day, they are easily discouraged. This is why INFJs often end up disappointed and burned out physically and emotionally.

It is not easy for them to cope with criticism, stress and the clash of their idealism with harsh reality on a daily basis.

"Everyone has to decide whether they want to walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness."

Martin Luther King

If we look at the main characteristics of this personality type, which Carl Gustav Jung defined, we see that INFJs are those whose thoughts reverberate in the world and generate revolutions.

This 1% of the population is actually the light of our society. They are people with clear ideals, dreamers with goals who want to give their best to others.

If you think you are an INFJ, here's a tip: hold on to your ideals without neglecting them. We should never give up because sometimes that 1% of the population is enough to inspire the remaining 99%.

You might be interested in ...