What are some lesser known world conflicts
The Cold War
A long and global conflict between East and West, between capitalism and communism determined what happened in world politics after the Second World War. Mistrust and fear dominated the relationship between the two great power blocs, led by the USA on the one hand and the Soviet Union on the other.
The conflict began with the blockade of Berlin and the construction of the wall that became the symbol of the Cold War. The nuclear arms race and the expansion of alliances on both sides almost led to another outbreak of war.
Since 1963 attempts have been made to limit armaments by signing contracts. The new Ostpolitik of West Germany from 1969 should also contribute to relaxation. The reform policy under Mikhail Gorbachev in the 1980s enabled a further improvement in international relations.
After all, it was the people of East Germany who achieved the opening and fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989. The collapse of the Soviet Union and the dissolution of the Warsaw Pact ended the Cold War in 1991.
Solomon is a figure from the Bible. He became king after his father, King David, died. Solomon was very young and asked his God to give him a wise heart. One day two women came to see him. They had a dead and a living child with them. Both said the living child was theirs.
Solomon called a servant and told him to cut the child in half so that both women could receive half. One of the women started crying and gave up her half to keep the child alive. So Solomon realized who the right mother was and gave the living child to this woman.
Ghandis Salt Marsh
Mahatma Ghandi is a symbol of nonviolent resistance. Throughout his life he fought by peaceful means for the liberation of the Indian people from British colonial rule. One of his famous non-violent protests was the "Salt March".
In March 1930 he led hundreds of thousands of Indians over a distance of 380 kilometers from Ahmadabad to Dandi in order to demonstrate against the fact that Indians have to pay high taxes for the salt that is extracted in their own country. The protest march was a success: the British colonial government allowed the Indians to extract salt for their own use.
Romeo and Juliet
One of the most famous love dramas in literary history is the story of Romeo and Juliet, made famous worldwide through William Shakespeare's tragedy. The two lovers come from the warring families Montague and Capulet. They ignore the old enmity with the family and marry in secret. But their love ends in tragic suicide.
The play depicts the unbearable conflict between loyalty to one's own family and the binding force of love. Only death seems to be able to unite these opposites. It remains to be seen whether the pain of losing the children will bring the families together.
Who does the dishes? Who goes shopping? Which TV program is switched on? The small everyday conflicts constantly require new creative solutions, which are often ingenious but go unnoticed.
In families, the tasks are often distributed according to preferences, in shared apartments cleaning plans are used. House communities in Swabia know the principle of the "sweeping week". A wooden plaque on the door of the apartment informs the resident about his task of cleaning the common stairwell this week.
- What are sediment materials
- Is it morally wrong to use AdBlock
- How do I delete my blogger account
- Morbidly obese people can have sexual intercourse
- How does money lose its value
- Has anyone ever unwittingly ruined your life
- What's your favorite comedy show
- How do I describe my family situation
- What are the best mathematical paradoxes
- What is the hybridization of PCl3
- Am I addicted to Quora 1
- What is the rarest nerf gun
- Unemployment has fallen under Trump
- Where does the pentagram symbol come from?
- Who was the sexiest Sith ever
- When i am young how can i invest a thousand
- Which is the most abundant sedimentary rock
- Sour cherry juice helps you sleep
- How accurate are free online IQ tests
- Civilians can buy machine guns
- How is France a mixed economy?
- How should I approach product development
- Being overweight can affect fertility
- Why is number 100 considered so significant