Who invented the Chinese hanzi characters
10 Facts About Chinese Everyone Should Know (Part 1)
Chinese has no tenses
That surprises most people. I often just say in general that Chinese has no grammar. Because the "grammar" only works if you have letters. I often hear sentences like: "May I say that Chinese is still very primitive?"
That sounds terrifying, but it is often because people who are familiar with a language system that exists in letters simply cannot imagine how a language could develop into any other greater complexity. With letters, a language will inevitably develop more complex language rules, since the letters are finite.
Since Chinese is based on characters and the characters are almost unlimited (I'd really like to know who really knows the 83,000 characters), the elegance and complexity of the language resides in unfamiliar characters. The word “red” alone in Chinese has more than 5 different expressions: 红 ， 赤 ， 朱 ， 绯 ， 丹… I think of 5 at once. Nor is it the case that a symbol is used only for a specific situation. Instead, a discerning person would use a more complex word for "red".
As a result, things like tenses in Chinese are completely unnecessary. If you put “yesterday” in a sentence, then it's the past. And if a word like "already" appears in a sentence, then it has already happened. The function of times is replaced by words in Chinese. And that's why there are no tenses and everything is expressed in infinitive:
I be going shopping yesterday.
Finished writing your homework Question mark?
We go tomorrow watch movies good not good?
These are all correct sentences! No wonder some people think Chinese is primitive!
- How does dog taste
- How do I sell my license fees
- Why does space need time
- Were women bikinis
- How do I fight for a country
- Why is lifting weights better than cardio
- Our ancestors were happier than us
- What is the most overwhelming scientific discovery
- What vitamins should I take when pregnant?
- What is the vegan friendliest country
- Would you go out with a disabled man
- How much weight is required for hypertrophy
- Why doesn't Quora like sarcasm
- Dropshipping is an easy business to learn
- Is the NDTV news channel dangerous to us?
- It's dark matter
- How do neutrino detectors work
- Why are my answers marked
- What were the achievements of Aristotle
- People are born who know who they are
- What do other Indians think of Marathis
- How to calculate stress in physics
- Would you rather live in Logan's Run?
- Why did Harry never use Avada Kedavra