What is the best food to eat during pregnancy
Diet in Pregnancy
During pregnancy, additional energy is required for the child's growth, the formation of new body tissue and an increase in the basal metabolic rate. This additional energy requirement increases step by step and is often overestimated. It is not necessary to eat for two while pregnant. Gaining too much weight can negatively affect the child's development and the mother's health. For example, the risk of high blood pressure and gestational diabetes as well as high birth weight and overweight / obesity in childhood and adolescence is increased. The ideal weight gain during pregnancy depends on the starting weight before pregnancy.
You can find more information here: Physical changes during pregnancy
How high is the energy requirement during pregnancy?
The daily energy requirement for pregnant women increases from the second trimester of pregnancy (13th to 27th week of pregnancy) an average of 250 kcal at. It is not necessary to eat more before the 13th week of pregnancy. In the third trimester of pregnancy (28th to 40th week of pregnancy) the calorie requirement increases by another 250 kcal per day. In total, the guideline value for the additional energy supply is from the 28th week of pregnancy 500 kcal.
The following food combinations correspond roughly to 250 kcal:
- an apple and a pack of plain buttermilk (0.5 liters) or
- a piece of wholemeal bread with a sheet of ham, a small slice of lean cheese and ¼ fresh cucumber or
- a serving of vegetable patty with yogurt dip.
The following food combinations correspond approximately to 500 kcal:
- a serving of colorful lentil stew or
- a portion of pikeperch with polenta and tomato salad or
- a serving of couscous salad with apple and a small handful of nuts (e.g. ten grams of walnuts).
(Source: German Nutrition Society, Austrian Nutrition Society, Swiss Nutrition Society (Hrsg): Energy. In: reference values for nutrient intake. Bonn, 2nd edition, 1st edition (2015)
- How purposeful is life
- How dangerous is sulfuric acid
- Why are layoffs legal
- What are new sales techniques
- How muscular is too muscular
- What are turtles afraid of?
- Do guys really miss their ex
- What are some cultural taboos in Ghana
- What are your personality traits
- Sour cherry juice helps you sleep
- What do you hate and why
- Is Python faster than R.
- What is the future of the video game
- Would you rather live in Logan's Run?
- Why are some people masochistic
- When is Mercury visible?
- What is a fact about local turltes
- Requires data science freshmen
- How safe is Manchester UK
- What happens when a narcissist is rejected
- What is the best offshore hosting provider
- Who buys VHS Disney's films
- How many doctors are there in China
- What's the worst sales strategy