Is It Safe To Eat Papaya Seeds?
Papaya kernels - the application
Papaya seeds can be taken as follows:
- With their hot, peppery aroma, they are dried (or bought dry), put in the pepper mill and, instead of pepper, they can now season your dishes.
- However, you can simply chew the seeds. A practical side effect is that any bad breath that may have been present has disappeared after chewing the kernels.
- Papaya kernels are also available ground. The powder can be mixed into dressings, shakes, juices and smoothies.
If you want to use papaya kernels therapeutically, you should chew 5 - 6 papaya kernels several times a day (or take the appropriate amount of papaya kernel powder with a little water, plant-based milk or juice) - preferably after eating. Otherwise sensitive stomachs could react with nausea or the like.
This procedure should be carried out briefly (e.g. for 2 to 3 weeks, then 1 week off, then again for 2 to 3 weeks) in order to avoid habituation effects, but of course until the parasites have disappeared.
Where can I buy papaya kernels?
On the one hand, you can of course buy fresh papayas, take some of the kernels fresh and dry the rest in advance. However, the kernels must be carefully separated from the pulp and dried thoroughly so that they do not go moldy, which would be very counterproductive as mold toxins are extremely harmful. However, if the kernels are dried at too high temperatures, this in turn damages the enzymes they contain.
High-quality dried papaya kernels and the powder made from them are now also available in stores. Our favorites are the papaya seeds and the papaya seed powder. Both products were dried at temperatures not exceeding 42 degrees and are therefore of raw food quality.
Of course, the papaya fruit also has many beneficial health properties. Read more about the use of ripe and unripe papaya, how you can turn the fruit into an anti-wrinkle face mask and why papaya is good for the prostate: Papaya - a tropical all-rounder
* This article contains advertising. Our website contains affiliate links (* mark), i.e. references to partner companies, for example to the Amazon website. If a reader clicks on an affiliate link and subsequently on a product from our partner company, we may receive a small commission. This means that we cover part of the costs we have for the operation and maintenance of our website and can continue to keep the website free of charge for our readers.
Distance training to become a holistic nutritionist
Are you interested in what's in our food and want to know how nutrients and vital substances affect the body? Do you want a healthy life for yourself, your family and fellow human beings? Nutritionists are popular - but the holistic aspect that is needed for sustainable health is often forgotten when giving advice. At the Academy of Naturopathy, you will get to know the connections between lifestyle and diet as well as physical and psychological well-being.
That educates interested people like you in around 16 months to become a holistic nutritionist out.
Is this article worth reading?
Share this article
- Okeniyi, John AO, et al. "Effectiveness of dried Carica papaya seeds against human intestinal parasitosis: a pilot study." Journal of medicinal food 10.1 (2007): 194-196. (The Effectiveness of Dried Carica Papaya Kernels Against Parasitic Infestation in Humans: A Pilot Study)
- Pohowalla, J. N., and S. D. Singh. "Worm infestations in infants and children of pre-school age in Indore." Indian journal of pediatrics 12/26 (1959): 459-466. (Worm infestation in infants and preschoolers in Indore, a city in central India.)
- Fajimi, A.K., and A.A. Taiwo. "Herbal remedies in animal parasitic diseases in Nigeria: a review." African Journal of Biotechnology 4.4 (2005): 303-307. (Medicinal plants against parasitic diseases in animals in Nigeria: an overview.)
- Lohiya, N.K., et al. "Chloroform extract of Carica papaya seeds induces long-term reversible azoospermia in langur monkey." Asian journal of andrology 4.1 (2002): 17-26. (The chloroform extract from Carica papaya seeds produces long-term, reversible azoospermia in langur monkeys.)
- Kim Evans, "Natural Birth Control: Use Hot Water and Papaya Seeds", naturalnews.com, July 2010, (Natural Birth Control: Use Hot Water and Papaya Seeds)
- Mojica-Henshaw MP et al., Possible immunomodulatory actions of Carica papaya seed extract, Clin Hemorheol Microcirc. 2003; 29 (3-4): 219-29.
- Dr. Neethu S Kumar, The surprising health benefits of papaya seeds: A review, Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry 2017; 6 (1): 424-429
- Goyal, S., et al. "Safety evaluation of long term oral treatment of methanol sub-fraction of the seeds of Carica papaya as a male contraceptive in albino rats." Journal of ethnopharmacology 127.2 (2010): 286-291. (Safety assessment of long-term oral treatment with Carica papaya seeds as a contraceptive for male albino rats.)
- Yismaw G et al., The invitro assessment of antibacterial effect of papaya seed extract against bacterial pathogens isolated from urine, wound and stool, Ethiop Med J. 2008 Jan; 46 (1): 71-7.
- Kugo M, Keter L, Songok EM et al., Fortification of Carica papaya fruit seeds to school meal snacks may aid Africa mass deworming programs: a preliminary survey, BMC Complement Altern Med. 2018; 18: 327.
Notice on health issues
This information is passed to the best of my knowledge and belief. They are intended exclusively for those interested and for further training and are in no way to be understood as diagnostic or therapeutic instructions. We do not assume any liability for damages of any kind that arise directly or indirectly from the use of the information. If you suspect illness, please consult your doctor or alternative practitioner
Subscribe to Newsletter
Exciting information about health and nutrition
1x per month
Login Successful. You will shortly receive a confirmation at the specified email address.
With your registration you allow the regular sending of the newsletter and accept the data protection regulations.
HEALTH CENTER © 2021 Neosmart Consulting AG. All rights reserved.
- How was ISC English Literature 2017
- What is the best attraction of singapore
- Why is Snapchat worth $ 10 billion
- Is it possible to enter a black hole?
- Is Caltech stronger than MIT
- What is the most Japanese anyway
- VBA is a dead end
- Makes iron rust easier to rust
- Can you describe yourself briefly?
- How do I survive rudeness in Germany
- What are sediment materials
- Ayurveda is effective in treating infertility
- A genius can have two average parents
- How can I get an athletic body
- What are some good sailing books
- Has zirconia any value
- Can IFTTT perform multiple actions
- Can someone enter FIITJEE after class 9
- Did Dumbledore ever really trust Snape
- Are PSA ads good for sales?
- Diseases can lead to obesity
- How can immigration affect a country's economy?
- What should adults remember?
- What did old people eat
- What is good and what is bad
- What can help me lighten my skin
- What is a reactivity series
- Are Bangladeshis xenophobic
- What would NDMA contamination cause in valsartan?
- Nothing is part of everything
- Which city has the highest population density?
- What is AP calculus
- Should I bring my sunscreen to Singapore
- How effective are individual product dropshipping businesses