Why are current gun laws rarely enforced
Weapons in the USA: Biden against "ghost weapons"
US President Joe Biden wants to enforce stricter firearms controls with decrees. But without legal regulations, this does not go far enough.
Unconventional shopping: Gun shop in Oregon, USA Photo: ap
WASHINGTONap | US President Joe Biden intends to use executive orders to combat violence with firearms in the US. The AP news agency learned from government circles that Biden wanted to present a series of decrees on Thursday aimed at this. When the measures are announced, Justice Minister Merrick Garland should also be present.
In addition, according to two people familiar with the decision, the nomination of David Chipman as director of the Office for Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives should be announced on Thursday (local time). As a former officer with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), Chipman knows the agency well.
The personnel at the top of the Federal Police Department, which is subordinate to the US Department of Justice, would have signal character: Chipman is an advocate of stricter gun laws. For years he worked as the leading political advisor to the Giffords organization, which advocates stricter gun laws.
If the change is confirmed, the Federal Police Department in Chipman, which is subordinate to the US Department of Justice, would get a permanent director for the first time since 2015. The office has been managed by Regina Lombardo since 2015.
Laws are difficult to get through
It was expected that on Thursday, Biden would order stricter rules for the purchase of so-called “ghost weapons”, which can be ordered online as kits, for example, and rarely have a serial number. This makes it difficult for the police to investigate crimes. Building weapons at home or in workshops is not prohibited in the USA, but buyers of such self-made weapons could, according to the information, be checked in advance in the future.
The pressure on the president to introduce stricter arms regulation had grown after several incidents with many deaths in the past few weeks. However, the White House has repeatedly insisted that the problem must be resolved through legislation.
The Democrats in the US Congress are pushing for stronger regulation of arms purchases. In order to pass new gun laws, however, it would require the approval of 60 senators - Republicans and Democrats each have 50 in the Senate.
- How are Chinese and American cultures different?
- Is sugar-free really sugar-free
- What is social media and networking
- How can i learn to speak english
- ClickBank is the best affiliate program
- What makes you thin
- Does life have a purpose?
- Are Presbyterians Catholics
- Can we take a bath after the gym?
- What is the value of colored quarters
- Charlemagne was a Roman emperor
- What are the most interesting topics of conversation
- What did old people eat
- Is food bad for you
- Are Asian girls popular with American men?
- Is Malaysia a good country to live in
- Why should military service be compulsory?
- How do workaholics rest
- What's your rating of Duolingo
- What is Cloud VPS
- Are there white privileges in Belgium?
- Pentab is absolutely necessary for 3D sculpting
- How long does the Facebook interview process take
- What is meant by domestic airport