Vitamin D deficiency can lead to weight gain
Vitamin D deficiency also indirectly leads to obesity
For example, a low vitamin D level can lead to depression, whereby the depression-related tiredness and listlessness can lead to a certain degree of inactivity, which in turn can result in obesity.
A vitamin D deficiency is also associated with blood sugar problems - and this too can sooner or later lead to obesity, and of course to diabetes anyway.
Even serious problems like rheumatoid arthritis or multiple sclerosis are often associated with a vitamin D deficiency. Both diseases often limit the person's mobility - and that brings excess weight back onto the scene.
In addition, patients of the two diseases mentioned are often given cortisone preparations. One of the most significant side effects of cortisone therapies, however, is sometimes immense obesity.
A vitamin D deficiency can lead to obesity both directly and indirectly and should be remedied in any case.
* Vitamin D3 + K2 can be found here under this link.
Fix vitamin D deficiency
The best dietary sources of vitamin D are high-fat fish (vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin), such as: B. Cod, tuna, mackerel and salmon. For vegetarians and vegans, mushrooms are at best possible, especially those that have been exposed to UV light (i.e. not cultivated mushrooms that are usually grown in the dark).
However, it is usually not possible to keep the vitamin D level at a healthy level through food.
However, since vitamin D or its precursor can be produced by the body itself under the influence of solar radiation in the skin, sunbathing in particular is a very good way of equipping yourself with really high vitamin D values.
You can find out here which factors can disrupt the body's own vitamin D production and what you must therefore pay attention to when supplying vitamin D:
Five disruptive factors for your vitamin D production
Measures that accompany your weight loss and can lead to more success of your diet can be found here:
Tips for successful weight loss
* This article contains advertising. Our website contains affiliate links (* mark), i.e. references to partner companies, for example to the Amazon website. If a reader clicks on an affiliate link and subsequently on a product from our partner company, we may receive a small commission. This means that we cover part of the costs we have for the operation and maintenance of our website and can continue to keep the website free of charge for our readers.
Distance training to become a holistic nutritionist
Are you interested in what's in our food and want to know how nutrients and vital substances affect the body? Do you want a healthy life for yourself, your family and fellow human beings? Nutritionists are popular - but the holistic aspect that is needed for sustainable health is often forgotten when giving advice. At the Academy of Naturopathy, you will get to know the connections between lifestyle and diet as well as physical and psychological well-being.
That educates interested people like you in around 16 months to become a holistic nutritionist out.
Is this article worth reading?
Share this article
- Masan C et al., Vitamin D3 supplementation during weight loss: a double-blind randomized controlled trial, Mar 2014, American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, (Vitamin D supplementation during diet: a double-blind controlled study)
- Major GC et al., Supplementation with calcium + vitamin D enhances the beneficial effect of weight loss on plasma lipid and lipoprotein concentrations, January 2007, American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Blood fat level)
- McCarty MF, Poor vitamin D status may contribute to high risk for insulin resistance, obesity, and cardiovascular disease in Asian Indians, June 2009, Medical Hypotheses, (Low vitamin D status can contribute to a high risk of insulin resistance, obesity, and heart disease Asian Indians)
Notice on health issues
This information is passed to the best of my knowledge and belief. They are intended exclusively for those interested and for further training and are in no way to be understood as diagnostic or therapeutic instructions. We do not assume any liability for damages of any kind that arise directly or indirectly from the use of the information. If you suspect illness, please consult your doctor or alternative practitioner
Subscribe to Newsletter
Exciting information about health and nutrition
1x per month
Login Successful. You will shortly receive a confirmation at the specified email address.
With your registration you allow the regular sending of the newsletter and accept the data protection regulations.
HEALTH CENTER © 2021 Neosmart Consulting AG. All rights reserved.
- How do Singaporean companies recruit workers
- Carnivores will also like which vegetarian starter
- How can someone work for ADP
- How well does Airbnb pay its employees
- What are the sizes of liquor bottles
- Does plum juice really work
- What is 22 carat gold
- How can a seller get rich
- How clean were old Roman swimming pools
- What are the tools for Facebook Marketing
- What is Zwift
- What is the oldest human ancestor
- English is the most Latinized Germanic language
- What do you mean by interpersonal behavior
- How does YouTube handle duplicate content
- How many cups are 1,000 mg
- What is ordinary pension
- Are victims of xenophobia protected
- What are some massive US military installations
- Diamond is a crystal
- What is the real definition of success
- Startups need to use CRM software
- What are the health benefits of Bajra
- What is your kinkiest experience